Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A good result  (Read 2636 times)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Re: A good result
« Reply #15 on: 23 October 2017, 13:15:18 »

Indeed. But it does show the value of having a hard shoulder. More people are destined to be "hysterical with fear" thanks to the push for smart motorways, I fear.

Drove up to the smoke this weekend. That "lovely" new 4 lane M3 with no hard shoulder was down to 60, 50, then 40 causing quite big holdups. Why? A Tesla stopped in lane 1 - I wonder if they'd run out of leccy having forgotten to pull in at Fleet?

Later on, someone else broken down on the M25. Safely on the hard shoulder and no speed restriction and no queues.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 October 2017, 14:51:55 »

Indeed. But it does show the value of having a hard shoulder. More people are destined to be "hysterical with fear" thanks to the push for smart motorways, I fear.

Drove up to the smoke this weekend. That "lovely" new 4 lane M3 with no hard shoulder was down to 60, 50, then 40 causing quite big holdups. Why? A Tesla stopped in lane 1 - I wonder if they'd run out of leccy having forgotten to pull in at Fleet?

Later on, someone else broken down on the M25. Safely on the hard shoulder and no speed restriction and no queues.

Sensible chap. If you charge them up, they do this: https://electrek.co/2017/03/31/tesla-model-s-fire-manchester-crash/  :o
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 October 2017, 14:56:54 »

This is the problem now with the 4 lane M3, any break down, any issue and it's all screwed.

Also they appear to turn on the signs for the whole section between M25 and Jc3, so for mile after mile it says issue/lane closed with sod all issue. They don't stagger the signs to say, in 1.2miles lane 1 is out of action.

It is lovely smooth tarmac though, when empty, it's a silent cruise at 80mph  8)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 October 2017, 15:00:07 »

This is the problem now with the 4 lane M3, any break down, any issue and it's all screwed.

Also they appear to turn on the signs for the whole section between M25 and Jc3, so for mile after mile it says issue/lane closed with sod all issue. They don't stagger the signs to say, in 1.2miles lane 1 is out of action.

It is lovely smooth tarmac though, when empty, it's a silent cruise at 80mph  8)

The problem is, many people haven't even noticed the signs above the hard shoulder yet, let alone do they notice when they indicate that the lane's closed. ::)

Snipers on each gantry culling them would be TB's solution. Vote TB. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 October 2017, 15:00:44 »

Oh, hang on. Then there'd be loads of abandoned Ford Focuses blocking the road. :-\
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 18 queries.