Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: London T - Charge  (Read 11588 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: London T - Charge
« Reply #30 on: 23 October 2017, 18:28:05 »

My car lived in Wembley until 18 months ago, so I don't think that ill be the reason.  ;)
It was a tongue in cheek suggestion, but I wouldn't put it past the leftist carrot munchers currently running Lundun :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 23 October 2017, 18:38:34 »

Wouldn't put anything past them.  :y ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 23 October 2017, 19:52:38 »

Now if I've read this correct, You only pay when entering the Congestion charge zone. So if you wish to go around the zone there's no charge. :-X
Hoof'land storeman.

STEMO

« Reply #33 on: 23 October 2017, 20:50:57 »

Now if I've read this correct, You only pay when entering the Congestion charge zone. So if you wish to go around the zone there's no charge. :-X
Yeah. That would work.Only those people driving into the CZ are doing it cause they need to, not cause they want to. Get it?  ;D

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 23 October 2017, 21:30:23 »

Officially, the only retail Omegas which meet Euro 4 are the manual are the '03 MY 2.2 16v manual saloon and estates...
Mine is a 2.2 16v Z22XE auto estate MY 2003 and comes up as Euro 4.
Might it be that Y22XE and X20XEV are Euro 3 and Z22XE is Euro 4?

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 23 October 2017, 21:36:10 »

My '51 Reg 2.6 auto is exempt.
The charge does not apply at weekends and outside the CZ times, and I would generally only want to go to London at weekends anyway - if ever.
Bring Boris back!

Ron.

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 24 October 2017, 00:17:21 »

the next one down the line (for London) is the ULEZ, operating 24 hours a day and probably all the area inside the north and south circulars.

comes into force September 2020 or earlier

check your car here https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/check-your-vehicle

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 24 October 2017, 04:59:02 »

the next one down the line (for London) is the ULEZ, operating 24 hours a day and probably all the area inside the north and south circulars.

check your car here https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/check-your-vehicle
Yep, probably going to kick in as early as 2018 if the Mayor get his way, depends on the results of the current one, price goes up as well, 10 quid for petrol, diesel cars around £22, Van and Comericail as much as £100 Plus, not only 24 hours but gets reset at midnight, so if you pop in a 10pm and pop out at 12.01 a few hours later then your into 2 days worth.

STEMO

« Reply #38 on: 24 October 2017, 06:58:05 »

Firstly, I would imagine the London mayor would want the ULEZ to kick in well before 2020, as he will be fighting an election campaign by then and any potential successor could vow to scrap it before it gets off the ground.
Secondly, this could have unforeseen consequences as, possibly, lots of banking jobs could have already left London by then and this could drive some small businesses to relocate outside the zone.
I wouldn’t try to predict the outcome of all of this, but it may rebalance the economy away from the capital.....a bit.....and that might just be one of the intentions. There are a lot of ifs, ands and buts at this stage and, no doubt, many affected groups will be making their views clear in time.

Let’s face it, we have to do something about the amount of pollution in our big cities, people’s health is being severely affected. So, if the powers that be can reduce the smog and coin it in at the same time, well...win win...for them.
« Last Edit: 24 October 2017, 07:02:41 by STEMO »

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 24 October 2017, 07:13:31 »

The charge does not apply at weekends and outside the CZ times, and I would generally only want to go to London at weekends anyway - if ever.
Bring Boris back!

Ron.

:-\ Wonder how that works, really makes sense, I am on an 01 plate 2.6 but manual, which should not really make a difference, or does it?

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 24 October 2017, 08:29:27 »

Bring Boris back!

Ron.

:-\ Wonder how that works, really makes sense, I am on an 01 plate 2.6 but manual, which should not really make a difference, or does it?

i've asked vauxhall/psa for  "A signed letter from the vehicle manufacturers homologation department showing the vehicle registration mark (VRM), the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and the Euro standard the vehicle was manufactured to" for my 01 V6 manual.

I don't hold out much hope for a response but maybe if a few people hassle them - 'vauxhall.customerassistance@vauxhall.co.uk'

aaronjb

« Reply #41 on: 24 October 2017, 08:59:30 »

It's good to see that my dirty, planet killing, child murdering diesel is just fine in the ULEV (despite that BBC article the other day showing that some new diesels are worse than old diesels) ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 24 October 2017, 09:21:17 »

It's good to see that my dirty, planet killing, child murdering diesel is just fine in the ULEV (despite that BBC article the other day showing that some new diesels are worse than old diesels) ;D

What about the Cobra?  :D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #43 on: 24 October 2017, 10:27:13 »

What about the Cobra?  :D

;D ;D Hm, good question.. it'll have no stated emissions on the V5, so I assume I'd have to pay should I ever want to terrorise central london ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 24 October 2017, 11:43:57 »

The Daily politics had a very interesting section on this yesterday. The director of Client earth - who was all over our screens yesterday, making claims about thousands of deaths etc. - was up against an eminent member of the medical profession, who quietly tore all his claims apart.
The Client earth man didn't even really try to argue against him, but simply rowed back and made some much less outrageous statements instead.
I would imagine its available on iplayer for anyone interested.

The short version is that the hyperbole being spouted by mayor Kahn and his buddies, about thousands of deaths every year in London due to vehicle exhaust fumes, are utter shite.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.