Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: London T - Charge  (Read 11599 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: London T - Charge
« Reply #60 on: 26 October 2017, 09:18:30 »

Yep, it really is time all the old black carbs were crushed and the cabbies given Piouses instead. :y

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/98450/new-tx-electric-london-taxi-priced-at-55599

all new black taxis will have to be hybrid at least from 1/1/2018.  But the old (and T-charge exempt) ones will carry on until the owners feel inclined to grab the £40m TfL is offering them to retire their smokers.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/row-erupts-over-black-cab-exemption-to-planned-ultra-low-emission-zone-a3506996.html

So, they didn't think to address the elephant in the room - that they weigh about 3 tonnes and have the aerodynamics of a sub-post office?  ;)

Still, that only comes into play while they're actually moving, which is rare. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 26 October 2017, 10:17:49 »

Vauxhall replied to me:

"The VIN above is compliant with Euro 2 emissions.
Exhaust Emission approval is: 1999/102A
Exhaust emissions:
CO: 0.522 g/km
HC: 0.112 g/km
NOx: 0.066 g/km

CO2 is 255g / km"

still think shed of the week, which is euro 4,  is an identical car https://www.pistonheads.com/news/shed-of-the-week/shed-of-the-week-vauxhall-omega-v6/32513
I think your going to be hard pushed to convince TfL even if it was Euro 4, they seem to have convonced them selves that pre 2006 is the cut off point anyway.

He says, with interest, as with 2 x 2003 3.2 Manual Specials which are potentaily Euro 4 but dont show on the list?.  :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 26 October 2017, 10:33:10 »

Well, if GM say Euro 2, that ain't Euro 5, so game over ;D
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 26 October 2017, 10:40:08 »

I thought the next Mayor 2018/19 Penalties (North and South Circular, then all London Boroughs) where Euro 4 ?,

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 26 October 2017, 12:34:14 »

i replied to vaux saying why is an identical car (shed of the week) exempt and mine not, they said 'send in the VIN for KE02 FJO and they will check it'.  of course i don't have it.

could someone with a manual 2.6 V6 that passes the t-charge check (here https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/emissions-surcharge/compliance-checker) please send their 17 character VIN/chassis number to me or direct jonathan.bell@vauxhall.co.uk and ask him to check the emissions/euro standard for their car?

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 26 October 2017, 12:34:55 »

euro 4 is the standard to meet ???
« Last Edit: 26 October 2017, 12:37:00 by migmog »

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 26 October 2017, 12:36:37 »

I think your going to be hard pushed to convince TfL even if it was Euro 4, they seem to have convonced them selves that pre 2006 is the cut off point anyway.

He says, with interest, as with 2 x 2003 3.2 Manual Specials which are potentaily Euro 4 but dont show on the list?.  :-\

TfL: "If you believe that your vehicle meets the Euro 4 / IV standard (Euro 3 if you are a motorised tricycle or quadricycle), you will need to register it with us providing evidence of its emissions. " https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/emissions-surcharge/registration-47575

Then you will need to Upload documents:

"We need to see evidence showing the vehicles qualifies for registration do that you don’t have to pay the T-Charge. We need to see evidence showing the vehicles qualifies for registration do that you don’t have to pay the T-Charge. Please upload images of

The vehicle registration document (V5C or country equivalent)
AND

A signed letter from the vehicle manufacturers homologation department showing the vehicle registration mark (VRM), the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and the Euro standard the vehicle was manufactured to.
"

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 26 October 2017, 13:00:37 »

euro 4 is the standard to meet ???

£1 says 12 months after it's introduced it's increased to Euro5  :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 26 October 2017, 15:02:52 »

It may or may not be 12 months, but it will happen. The other bet is whether the zone is increased to encompass the North / South circular, or everything inside the M25. It will definitely be one of these two options.
A few Years ago Cameron declared the war on the motorist was over, but now they are readying the nukes to be fired in the near future.
The transport (and personal freedom it brought) that we have known for the last 100 years is coming to an end within the next decade. :'(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 26 October 2017, 15:46:53 »

I thought the next Mayor 2018/19 Penalties (North and South Circular, then all London Boroughs) where Euro 4 ?,
Sorry, yes, stupid gayPhone + fat fingers
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 26 October 2017, 15:48:30 »

i replied to vaux saying why is an identical car (shed of the week) exempt and mine not, they said 'send in the VIN for KE02 FJO and they will check it'.  of course i don't have it.

could someone with a manual 2.6 V6 that passes the t-charge check (here https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/emissions-surcharge/compliance-checker) please send their 17 character VIN/chassis number to me or direct jonathan.bell@vauxhall.co.uk and ask him to check the emissions/euro standard for their car?

Age. Irrespective of reality, older cars were only tested against the standard in force
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 26 October 2017, 15:54:13 »

The information I gave was from the 2003 brochure, so I would suggest that you ask the chap at Vauxhall to actually look up the information, because no facelift dbw Omega is Euro 2 ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 26 October 2017, 16:19:52 »

The information I gave was from the 2003 brochure, so I would suggest that you ask the chap at Vauxhall to actually look up the information, because no facelift dbw Omega is Euro 2 ::)
http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/05omegav6/library/vauxhall%20omega%20emissions

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 26 October 2017, 17:48:40 »

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/05omegav6/library/vauxhall%20omega%20emissions

thanks I asked him he has just replied "Your vehicle was type approved to Euro 2 emissions, not Euro 3 emissions."  So a 2.6V6 manual f/l registered in Jan 2001 is euro 2 but the same car registered in 2002 is euro4/T-charge exempt.  V odd.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 26 October 2017, 18:11:22 »

Especially as their own literature clearly states that the V6s are all Euro 3 regardless of gearbox :-\

Incidentally that brochure was printed in Jan '03 and is edition 2.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.