Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Hysteria  (Read 5428 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Media Hysteria
« on: 31 October 2017, 09:00:23 »

Headlines today......

"Man Touchs Woman's Knee Shock Horror!"

While I agree that nobody should have to put up with sexual or any kind of harrasment/bullying in the workplace, am I the only one who is heartily sick of this hysteria that seems to be turning into a media led witch hunt?  ::)

I think that Micheal Fallon deserves the VC for daring to go anywhere near Julia Hartley-Brewer's knee, as she's a proper rottweiler type!  :o  ;D 

I quite like her though!  :-*
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: Media Hysteria
« Reply #1 on: 31 October 2017, 09:19:27 »

It's the latest media scandal, we've done paedophiles, what's the next scandal, I know sexual harrasment,,,

Programme on ch4 last just happened to be about various sexual, things that happen to emergency services, purely coincidence..
Hoof'land storeman.

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 31 October 2017, 11:11:25 »

How does one go about being sexually harassed? I’m feeling a bit left out.  :(

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 October 2017, 11:12:55 »

I am a woman who feels she cannot comment in this thread because whatever I say will be derided and made into a joke. (and now I have.......!!)

That is common of most woman in business, and those going about their every day chores, let alone on male orientated web sites like this one.

That should tell all men what the problem is. ;)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 October 2017, 12:38:21 »

My wife is thoroughly cheesed off with all the whinging. According to her, during her working life in offices, most attractive young women were 'sexually harrassed' if that is what a pat on the bum is. If they enjoyed it, which some did, no problem, if they didn't, a slap and sharp retort put the errant man or woman (yes it did happen) in their place. This is not to condone such behaviour as Weinstein is accused of, but to point out that flirtation and banter were often what made going to boring office work enjoyable, and certainly added to the enjoyment of flying as aircrew, where often the 'harrassee' was male. :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 October 2017, 13:13:35 »

Are we allowed to mention that a woman's 'camel toe' is clearly visible through her trousers?.....so long as we don't touch it. :)   

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 October 2017, 14:13:45 »

My wife is thoroughly cheesed off with all the whinging. According to her, during her working life in offices, most attractive young women were 'sexually harrassed' if that is what a pat on the bum is. If they enjoyed it, which some did, no problem, if they didn't, a slap and sharp retort put the errant man or woman (yes it did happen) in their place. This is not to condone such behaviour as Weinstein is accused of, but to point out that flirtation and banter were often what made going to boring office work enjoyable, and certainly added to the enjoyment of flying as aircrew, where often the 'harrassee' was male. :y

And therein lies the problem. We are throwing the baby out with the bathwater - again.
What Weinstein (and others like him) got up to was utterly disgusting, but now we have the usual suspects jumping on the bandwagon to create an atmosphere where a man will get put behind bars for wolf whistling at a woman. This has already been designated a hate crime in some places.
Julia Hartley Brewer got it spot on imo. She said that some years ago Michael Fallon put his hand on her knee. When he kept doing it she told him  she would punch him in the face if he did it again. He stopped.
She stated emphatically that she does not consider herself to have been sexually assaulted and is not a victim.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 October 2017, 14:53:52 »

Agreed, Albs - it's all part of office/workplace life where the genders are mixed (I do NOT want to consider the situation where they are not mixed!) and all meant in fun. We are in danger of making l;ife so dull and miserable if we continue in this vein.
For Lizzie, I do not condone repeated unwelcome attention and a "no" should be respected, but let's not make a huge issue out of this and pander to the tabloid journalists.

Ron.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 October 2017, 17:16:52 »

I'd quite happily hang any paedophiles and rapists.
Serial sexual predators would be beaten within a inch of there sad life's and left in a hole c/w bread and water until there sexual bits rot off with old age if I had my way  BUT as said above, this PC / blub blub i've a fooking victim shite is really starting to take the piss  :(

I've lost count of the times i've come out with a cheeky comment or 3 about somebodys tits or arse and had my face slapped or threatened with mindless violence by some lasses bloke  ::) ::)
I even got a black eye off a work mates missus who worked behind the NAAFI bar one cocktail night when I asked her for a crafty wank in a sweaty sock  ::) ;D
She didnt believe it was a cocktail apparently  ::)
He thought it hierious  ;D ;D

Kin ell, i'm just glad i'm luckily off the market because i'd be in the cells every weekend  ;D ;D

The way its going, bars and partys are going to be like going to a 12 years old birthday party  ::)
All boys down one side and girls on the other afraid to go near each other in case some daft fooker screams rape  ::)

This world is truelly fooked ............

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 October 2017, 17:30:29 »

Its got to the stage where a perhaps saucy tongue-in-cheek comment is now sexual harassment  >:(. World gone mad.

I'd have to know a female colleague very well to gently part a hand on her back to guide her into a room etc in this day and age, and only those I consider close personal friends would I dare give a goodbye peck on cheek.  Its sad really.

And to be controversial, what some of the young thick bimbos wear to work - what an colleague once called airplane skirts ("so short you can see the cockpit") and skimpy tops, like they's just got back from clubbing - and yet they are surprised when they get stared at.  Even the women stare, thinking WTF is she (not) wearing.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 October 2017, 17:38:33 »

Its got to the stage where a perhaps saucy tongue-in-cheek comment is now sexual harassment  >:(. World gone mad.

I'd have to know a female colleague very well to gently part a hand on her back to guide her into a room etc in this day and age, and only those I consider close personal friends would I dare give a goodbye peck on cheek.  Its sad really.

And to be controversial, what some of the young thick bimbos wear to work - what an colleague once called airplane skirts ("so short you can see the cockpit") and skimpy tops, [highjlight]like they's just got back from clubbing[/highlight] - and yet they are surprised when they get stared at.  Even the women stare, thinking WTF is she (not) wearing.
You're assuming that the haven't...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31 October 2017, 18:43:43 »

And to be controversial, what some of the young thick bimbos wear to work - what an colleague once called airplane skirts ("so short you can see the cockpit") and skimpy tops, like they's just got back from clubbing - and yet they are surprised when they get stared at.  Even the women stare, thinking WTF is she (not) wearing.

I agree that we as woman must take responsibility with what we wear to work, as any intelligent lady should know what certain outfits can do to a red bloodied bloke :P :P

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 November 2017, 20:00:27 »

And despite the fact that JHB emphatically didn't want to make a big deal out of Michael Fallon touching her knee 15 years ago, he has just had to resign as defence secretary over it.
Did someone mention a witchunt ? The world has gone mad.  >:(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 November 2017, 20:03:42 »

And despite the fact that JHB emphatically didn't want to make a big deal out of Michael Fallon touching her knee 15 years ago, he has just had to resign as defence secretary over it.

Barking! :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01 November 2017, 20:52:24 »

Unbelievable!  >:( 

I see that Damian Green is fighting back and has instructed his lawyers!  :y
« Last Edit: 01 November 2017, 20:57:35 by Sir Tigger QC »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 01 November 2017, 21:18:00 »

I have had the pleasure to meet Damien Green a number of times and he is the nicest gentleman like bloke you could ever wish to meet.  He is purposeful as a senior politician, but he a very pleasant, gentle and respectful man.  Frankly I cannot believe he could ever do anything to offend.  :):)

STEMO

« Reply #16 on: 01 November 2017, 22:09:01 »

But.....he’s just, more or less, admitted he did do something wrong. He said something like “The world is a different place now to what it was then”.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 November 2017, 22:37:05 »

But.....he’s just, more or less, admitted he did do something wrong. He said something like “The world is a different place now to what it was then”.

Yes it appears that there is more to come.  :-\

Maybe he's a serial knee touchist!  ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 November 2017, 17:48:56 »

I have had the pleasure to meet Damien Green a number of times and he is the nicest gentleman like bloke you could ever wish to meet.  He is purposeful as a senior politician, but he a very pleasant, gentle and respectful man.  Frankly I cannot believe he could ever do anything to offend.  :):)
Did he not grope you?

I'm still gutted that Jimmy Savile never fondled my arse when I was in his flat.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02 November 2017, 19:40:52 »

Did he not grope you?

I'm still gutted that Jimmy Savile never fondled my arse when I was in his flat.

;D ;D Nope, he was always a pure gentleman :y

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 November 2017, 22:29:02 »

Politics is a blood sport where there are always grudges to be settled, so when Mother Theresa decided to put out the fires with 10 gallons of the best unleaded by calling for new standards, best to get your allegation flame-thrower fired up and fanning the flames early to settle outstanding scores while you still can. :o :o :o

A game of Salem's Lot anyone. :( :( :(

Again it shows how much serial failure Office Junior May is out of her depth, which is having very serious consequences on the day-to-day running of the country and Brexit negotiations. >:( >:( >:(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 November 2017, 22:39:38 »

Politics is a blood sport where there are always grudges to be settled, so when Mother Theresa decided to put out the fires with 10 gallons of the best unleaded by calling for new standards, best to get your allegation flame-thrower fired up and fanning the flames early to settle outstanding scores while you still can. :o :o :o

A game of Salem's Lot anyone. :( :( :(

Again it shows how much serial failure Office Junior May is out of her depth, which is having very serious consequences on the day-to-day running of the country and Brexit negotiations. >:( >:( >:(

Well said. She should have fired Boris and definitely fired Patel. I give her six to eight months.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09 November 2017, 22:45:46 »

Despite what she says, Boris is unsackable in the present circumstances. Its likely his sacking would bring down the Govt.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09 November 2017, 23:59:35 »

She should have fired Boris and definitely fired Patel. I give her six to eight months.

That long?  ;D

2boxerdogs

« Reply #24 on: 10 November 2017, 07:49:11 »

It's all getting very silly now , having been a teenager in the early sixties into the seventies if you didn't have some kind of sexual experience during the week you felt you were missing out, and as for all these actress's jumping on the bandwagon  I always thought the " directors casting couch" was well known to everybody.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10 November 2017, 15:08:19 »

It's all getting very silly now , having been a teenager in the early sixties into the seventies if you didn't have some kind of sexual experience during the week you felt you were missing out, and as for all these actress's jumping on the bandwagon I always thought the " directors casting couch" was well known to everybody.

But was it proper and right? ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10 November 2017, 16:19:01 »

Possibly not, but if people had spoken out at the time, then perhaps we wouldn't be in this position...

I do wonder about the merits of judging historical events by todays standards :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10 November 2017, 17:08:48 »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Possibly not, Lizzie, but they knew the score before getting involved, and similarly, is it any more right that "starlets" use their sexuality to gain an advantage over others?  ???

Ron.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10 November 2017, 17:21:25 »

Possibly not, but if people had spoken out at the time, then perhaps we wouldn't be in this position...

I do wonder about the merits of judging historical events by todays standards :-\

Dead right.  With the study of history that is the golden rule; you only judge past events in the CONTEXT of that point in time. :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10 November 2017, 17:25:07 »

[/quote]

Possibly not, Lizzie, but they knew the score before getting involved, and similarly, is it any more right that "starlets" use their sexuality to gain an advantage over others?  ???

Ron.
[/quote]

Indeed Ron, I cannot argue with that.  It WAS what happened at that point in time, on the whatever justification.  Now, in 2017, it cannot be classed as "acceptable" or even "tolerable" within ANY areas of our society and not just in show business: hence the frenzy over people in political power "doing it", and I know many bosses within the commercial sector. ;)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 10 November 2017, 17:26:32 »

Yep, otherwise if the law were as it was 50 years ago, most men in the media (and women?) would be in jail!

Ron.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10 November 2017, 17:28:01 »

The fact is that women were expected to sleep their way to the top in showbiz. Some were willing (although I would assume, not happy) to do so, and some weren't willing.
Safe to assume that plenty of talented women had promising careers ruined due to being unwilling, so it was as wrong then as it is now.
The difference is, its becoming more difficult for predatory men to get away with it now, thankfully.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10 November 2017, 17:42:45 »

The fact is that women were expected to sleep their way to the top in showbiz. Some were willing (although I would assume, not happy) to do so, and some weren't willing.
Safe to assume that plenty of talented women had promising careers ruined due to being unwilling, so it was as wrong then as it is now.
The difference is, its becoming more difficult for predatory men to get away with it now, thankfully.

It is fact that in earlier, Victorian / Edwardian times, actresses were presumed to have loose morals and be no more than "tarts" or prostitutes of a type who could be wealthy men's play things, as infamously in the case of the Prince of Wales, later King Edward VII with various actresses in  the form of Lillie Langtry, Sarah Bernhardt, Nellie Clifden, Carolina “La Belle” Otero, and Hortense Catherine Schneider, La Snédèr, to name those who are known to have been his mistresses in that profession.  Indeed, my mother always stated that many actresses were not very reputable woman, and my Grandmother said worse! ;D ;D ;D ;)

So that must be remembered to be the context in which actresses were still considered to be during much of the 20th Century :(
« Last Edit: 10 November 2017, 17:44:44 by Lizzie Zoom »

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10 November 2017, 17:48:35 »

I see that Steven Seagal is the latest to be dragged into this mire. I only hope he was better at sex than he is at acting. ;D
Though Under Siege wasn,t too bad.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #34 on: 10 November 2017, 19:05:46 »

It all boils down to a couple of things , sex or cash  if you want something that badly, personally I don't think anything will change been like it for years & always will be not right but that's life .

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 19 November 2017, 12:42:58 »

And the latest name in the frame is................Aled Jones. Bloody hell, is nothing sacred.  :o ;D
Personally, I doubt he has it in him.  :D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 19 November 2017, 12:48:05 »

And the latest name in the frame is................Aled Jones. Bloody hell, is nothing sacred.  :o ;D

Who knows what goes on under the surplice and cassock!  :o  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 19 November 2017, 12:53:10 »

Well there is that I suppose. Perhaps he was corrupted as a choirboy.  ::)

STEMO

« Reply #38 on: 19 November 2017, 19:18:41 »

No, Albs, it doesn’t work that way. He puts it in someone else.

How old are you?  :o

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 19 November 2017, 19:24:45 »

Please not with the snowman, is nothing sacred...
Hoof'land storeman.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 19 November 2017, 20:23:06 »

Please not with the snowman, is nothing sacred...
That's why it melted :o
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 19 November 2017, 21:56:42 »

No, Albs, it doesn’t work that way. He puts it in someone else.

How old are you?  :o

Well..... he might have had it in him.  ::)  ;D

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 19 November 2017, 23:21:57 »

We should all know where this is heading and we are all being groomed for the solution. All women to wear burkas and strict male/female segregation in public. :( :( :( Just not sure how the Trans Liberation Army will insist how the gender-fluid are treated? :o :o :o

Music and entertainment of any description can be sexually arousing and must be banned along with alcohol as it lets down our guard. 2020 onwards Taliban Britain is going to be a real swell fun place to live. :( :( :(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.