Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Giving cyclists a bad name .. again ...  (Read 2429 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Giving cyclists a bad name .. again ...
« on: 02 November 2017, 20:26:03 »

Another one giving cyclists a bad name ... but this time he pays for it with a prison term ...  :y :y

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-41842047

Good luck to the police .. the more they convict idiots like this the better.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Giving cyclists a bad name .. again ...
« Reply #1 on: 02 November 2017, 20:55:26 »

These idiots aren,t real cyclists, they are just twa*ts that use a bike to get around. Hope he gets heavily fined. >:(

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 November 2017, 21:01:43 »

These idiots aren,t real cyclists, they are just twa*ts that use a bike to get around. Hope he gets heavily fined. >:(

He's been sent down .....

The cyclist, a 21-year-old man from Stoke-on-Trent, pleaded guilty last month to causing bodily harm by wilful misconduct when driving and was sentenced to 27 weeks in prison.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 November 2017, 21:07:00 »

He was a long way from home, wonder if he biked all the way :D

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 November 2017, 21:51:35 »

The police have only themselves to blame for not enforcing the law regarding this behaviour by cyclists. If they implemented the on-the-spot fines in more cases instead of ignoring them as they cycle past them on pavements.....

Ron.

aaronjb

« Reply #5 on: 03 November 2017, 09:30:17 »

That's quite a steep hill, too, so I imagine he could be travelling at a fair speed (the video is so short it's hard to tell) at point of impact. And, as the article says, it's very clearly signed as a pedestrian zone with no wheeled transport allowed (except mobility scooters, Windsor is full of old folks on those!)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 November 2017, 09:44:01 »

The police have only themselves to blame for not enforcing the law regarding this behaviour by cyclists. If they implemented the on-the-spot fines in more cases instead of ignoring them as they cycle past them on pavements.....

Ron.

They're not hugely interested.

The one involved in my coming together last week had no lights, no brakes and went through a red light.....consequences for him....zero (all be it I hope a SHIT load of pain for a LONG period)..........consequences for me.....a VERY large sum of cash to replace the car, payment of excess and a motor claim  ???

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 November 2017, 10:06:17 »

As I have said elsewhere, the police cannot be everywhere, but in this instance the crime was successfully pursued.  At the same time there are many, many offences being committed by lots of people going undetected, but when it comes to cyclists and motorists these people are mobile and not easily apprehended by the few officers per 1,000 people available. Riding on pavements, crossing on red, dangerous cycling/ driving drunk and drug driving, using mobile phones on the move, smoking in a car with people under the age of 18........etc, etc.

If we want every crime followed up, or even ideally seen by police officers, then we must lobby our politicians for a far bigger funding of police and a reversal of all cuts made over the last few years. Then we can have the kind of police presence most of us want. ;)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 November 2017, 10:14:37 »

No, the Police are genuinely not remotely interested in following up motoring crime unless it amounts to just printing speeding tickets.

Mrs KW had her car damaged by a pikey in a transit pickup who left the scene. She went to the Police with a couple of witness statements, the driver's business card, the registration number of the vehicle and a CCTV video of the offence taking place.

Their response? "Unable to trace" him, apparently. ;D It's a joke. >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 November 2017, 10:58:11 »

I had the Police attend my accident and I ensured the cyclist did not leave  (and he was rather keen to), but still they were not the slightest bit interested.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 November 2017, 11:10:43 »

I had the Police attend my accident and I ensured the cyclist did not leave  (and he was rather keen to), but still they were not the slightest bit interested.

If you have cyclists home address, try 3rd party claim from house insurance, or get insurance to send request for his car details again 3rd party claim.
Hoof'land storeman.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 November 2017, 11:27:02 »

No, the Police are genuinely not remotely interested in following up motoring crime unless it amounts to just printing speeding tickets.

Mrs KW had her car damaged by a pikey in a transit pickup who left the scene. She went to the Police with a couple of witness statements, the driver's business card, the registration number of the vehicle and a CCTV video of the offence taking place.

Their response? "Unable to trace" him, apparently. ;D It's a joke. >:(

It is not that the police are not interested, it is a matter of numbers of crimes verses police officers.  Lesser crimes will take a lower a priority to those involving more than, say car crime in this instance, unless it is traffic officers involved.  Everyone, like you Kevin, feel that the crime committed against them is of utmost importance, but the reality is the police just do not have the hours of resources to commit officers time to writing up statements, all kinds of reports, then the investigations over what are in the scale of things "minor offences" i.e. no one has been killed, assaulted with physical injury, raped, robbed and assaulted, indecent exposure and child sex offences, etc, etc.

Believe me, IF we the public do not force our politicians to seek the reversal of all police cuts and the commitment to provide a far higher funds, let alone stop the imminent cuts planned, then it will be NORMAL for all minor offences, especially involving those without any criminal record, to be treated as one to just record as a crime and no more. :( :(

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 November 2017, 11:54:49 »

If you have cyclists home address, try 3rd party claim from house insurance, or get insurance to send request for his car details again 3rd party claim.

Insurance company are on it but have little hope as he has no insurance of any kind.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 November 2017, 13:40:01 »

Insurance company are on it but have little hope as he has no insurance of any kind.

Me thinks we need TB in power sooner the better to invoke the cull policy.
Hoof'land storeman.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 November 2017, 16:19:09 »

There are c*&ts in every form of transport as proven by the video below but sure, focus on those who cycle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=101&v=xkkyld93euU

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 05 November 2017, 20:33:06 »

There's a couple of Audi driver jokes in there somewhere, that's for sure...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 November 2017, 21:34:24 »

There's a couple of Audi driver jokes in there somewhere, that's for sure...

The irony of their latest advert campaign is not lost on me.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.