Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The derv has gone. Petrol superiority has been restored.  (Read 5846 times)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: The derv has gone. Petrol superiority has been restored.
« Reply #30 on: 15 November 2017, 20:05:39 »

Most people change their cars every five to eight years, so there shouldn’t be a problem. If you want to hang on to an aging rust bucket however........... ::)

Forty years from now the Omega could fall into this bracket. :)

They've been in that bracket for several years. It would have to be an exceptional Omega that is worth paying someone to weld.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 16 November 2017, 02:51:30 »

Nothing wrong with derv fueling those 2 or 3 cylinders as you are ploughing the field behind you. My BIL swears by them as a tractor driving farm labourer in Ukraine. :y :y :y

I can understand M'lud providing a derv drinking basic frugal pleb pool car for those unfortunates under his orders downstairs. ::) ::) ::)

But, why would any other petrolhead and keen connoisseur of real drivers cars want one? :o :o :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 16 November 2017, 10:07:02 »

Fatty admins XJ will be one to watch, 12 months of his driving is about same as 10 years normal driving.  ;D

So if his survives a year, it’s a good sign.  :D

When it comes to tractors, it'll be the ones that are used to pootle around in urban driving that'll suffer, of course.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 16 November 2017, 10:13:52 »

Fatty admins XJ will be one to watch, 12 months of his driving is about same as 10 years normal driving.  ;D

When it comes to tractors, it'll be the ones that are used to pootle around in urban driving that'll suffer, of course.

True, I think high mile diesel examples often a better bet. As you know they've been used well.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 16 November 2017, 11:48:05 »

Yup, I'd agree with this. Although I've not had any problems with the Volvo, mpg has improved, and the car runs better from cold nownits had 2 services and got 14,000 motorway miles under its wheels

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 16 November 2017, 11:55:17 »

Ahh. Volvo. That reminds me. Got to take a look at my brother's V50 2.0D some time. Complete basket case of limp home goodness that the main stealer have only made worse after throwing £2k worth of chin rubbing and random parts replacement at it.

I'd stick to your long commute, if I were you!
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

2boxerdogs

« Reply #36 on: 16 November 2017, 16:30:29 »

Nothing wrong with derv fueling those 2 or 3 cylinders as you are ploughing the field behind you. My BIL swears by them as a tractor driving farm labourer in Ukraine. :y :y :y

I can understand M'lud providing a derv drinking basic frugal pleb pool car for those unfortunates under his orders downstairs. ::) ::) ::)

But, why would any other petrolhead and keen connoisseur of real drivers cars want one? :o :o :o

My sentiments exactly I want a V8 that sounds & performs like one, bugger the cost of road tax or fuel I want to enjoy my driving 😀

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 16 November 2017, 16:33:00 »

Ahh. Volvo. That reminds me. Got to take a look at my brother's V50 2.0D some time. Complete basket case of limp home goodness that the main stealer have only made worse after throwing £2k worth of chin rubbing and random parts replacement at it.

The Pug Ford special, have fun!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 16 November 2017, 16:46:10 »

My sentiments exactly I want a V8 that sounds & performs like one, bugger the cost of road tax or fuel I want to enjoy my driving 😀

But balance that against a say 20k annual miles and family to support.  ;)

2boxerdogs

« Reply #39 on: 16 November 2017, 16:55:45 »

Mortgage free & kids all flown so don't have those considerations, been there done that 😀

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 17 November 2017, 07:21:35 »

Older car, so cheaper to buy and cheaper to tax... You could always have a smaller house too :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #41 on: 17 November 2017, 15:31:55 »

Older car, so cheaper to buy and cheaper to tax... You could always have a smaller house too :D
Go on, Tunnie, you know you want a smaller house and an older car  ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 17 November 2017, 15:44:35 »

Is this the one that has a habit of filling its sump with fuel? ::)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 17 November 2017, 16:07:50 »

Is this the one that has a habit of filling its sump with fuel? ::)

Yup, amongst its other "little foibles". Mine otoh is a 5 cylinder lump of Volvo's own pig iron from yesteryear that will probably remain on the road until it becomes illegal to run a Euro3 car. No DPF to worry about :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 17 November 2017, 17:29:27 »

Well over half way into that, nothing to report except door lock motors, and a couple of suspension bushes that were shagged before I got it.

The stupid tyre pressure monitors get all shitty for some reason, if you turn off TC, or launch the car, looking for a way to disable them.  Which reminds me, I need to plug in to reset them again. When I CBA.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.