Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Budget Predictions  (Read 14318 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Budget Predictions
« Reply #75 on: 18 November 2017, 13:37:10 »

It's £11,500, not that the extra £500 buys much in the way of anything ::)

Just a nice bottle of wine for Lord Opti's dining table.  ;D

I'm a 3 bottles for £10 man. :)
Wine is for batty boys.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 18 November 2017, 13:51:17 »

See alcohol should be priced according to income.  ;)  So the poor pay next to opps all to get obliterated, but Lord Opti should pay proportionately more to get smashed!  :)

That would be fair..... No?  ???  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 18 November 2017, 14:48:06 »

You enjoy a fine bottle of Chateau Du Nitromors then M'lud. ;)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 18 November 2017, 14:49:56 »

See alcohol should be priced according to income.  ;)  So the poor pay next to opps all to get obliterated, but Lord Opti should pay proportionately more to get smashed!  :)

I'm more poor than some people think so alcohol should come on a free prescription for me. :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 18 November 2017, 14:50:44 »

Either that or Our Lords wine is made by Sarsons!  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 18 November 2017, 14:52:36 »

I'm more poor than some people think so alcohol should come on a free prescription for me. :)

Now that, to my mind would be progressive!  :y

You should write to Nicola Sturgeon M'lud!  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 18 November 2017, 14:56:49 »

Excellent for cleansing the gullet prior to opening up the wine cellar, Mr Rods. :)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 18 November 2017, 16:19:32 »

£11.5k tax allowance is a saving of £2250 on tax which then largely goes on paying your council tax if you live in anything bigger than a matchbox. :o :o :o Another Gordon McRuin tax rise was where he doubled it over only a few years. >:( >:( >:(

Lazy politicians since 1991 have taken the easy approach, (making the public sector more efficient is much more difficult in comparison) on increasing the tax burden EVERY year with no signs of that rate of increase slowing down, They have gone from 35% of GDP to 43%. Some of the changes and increases include fuel and alcohol escalators, tobacco, airfare tax, IPT, CGT, NI and higher levels of income tax.

Where virtually all taxes are now the wrong side of the Laffer curve so if they increase them further people change their spending habits or if a high earner they move to a lower tax jurisdiction.  Since Gideon raised VED and stamp duty more expensive new car sales have fallen and fewer older people are downsizing to smaller houses so these are now also the wrong side of the curve and raising less revenue.

Where they are struggling to steal even more of our economic output, the next areas of new taxes will be sugar, fat and anything else considered to be more enjoyable and less good for you than Government standard formula gruel, all different types of packaging to appeal to the tree huggers and finally on any expensive items as an annual percentage value tax, where you have the privilege of owning and using valuable items. This list will include property, cars, paintings, designer watches, jewellery and fashion items, antiques and any other collectables or items of value. There will be an annual allowance of say £100k and the tax will be regressive at say 5%, from £100k to £500k, £500k to £1m 10%, £1m to £2m 15%, £2m+ 25%. If you can't afford the annual percentage value tax then the government will put a Charge Order on them so you pay with interest when you sell it or when you die as part of the tax due on your estate. If the tax owed is equal or greater than its value it automatically passes to the state who auction it so you then only owe any shortfall in the tax. The annual percentage value tax is basically what Liebour and the DimLems have proposed in the past. It will be particularly appealing to the modern Marxist Liebour party as a way of nationalising all private property of any value, by stealth, so it all belongs to the state within a generation or two. Who gets to use what and on how much rent, will then be decided like in the USSR on Liebour party membership and your contribution to the Corbyn/Mcdonnell/McCluskey revolution where the modern way is to get elected and then pull up the democracy drawbridge behind you. Venezeula, Russia and Turkey are three good examples. >:( >:( >:(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 18 November 2017, 17:07:18 »

I read in the paper today (no not the daily fail) that he plans to tax 'one use' plastic products.
That is plastic drinking cups, bottles, takeaway boxes, etc ......

Similar to the 5p plastic bag charge .....

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 18 November 2017, 17:43:50 »

I read in the paper today (no not the daily fail) that he plans to tax 'one use' plastic products.

This is a good thing as we need to stop using cheap single use plastics that end up contaminating our oceans.  :y

I know the naysayers will say that Britain doing this will make very little difference, but if we do it then we can take the moral high ground and encourage other countries where chucking rubbish in the local river is routine, to change their habits.  ;)

We really need to stop using our oceans as rubbish dumps!  >:(

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 18 November 2017, 17:51:48 »

This is a good thing as we need to stop using cheap single use plastics that end up contaminating our oceans.  :y

I know the naysayers will say that Britain doing this will make very little difference, but if we do it then we can take the moral high ground and encourage other countries where chucking rubbish in the local river is routine, to change their habits.  ;)

Agreed. The 5p UK charge reduced the purchase of bags by 80%. Good alround unless you actually make bags.

Stop using the oceans as dumping ground. Why not extend that to the land and waterways. Tax the manufacturer to change packaging rather than pass it on to the consumer. Some packaging is obscene in volume and size.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 18 November 2017, 17:53:51 »

Apparently even at the deepest depths of the Pacific marine biologists are finding plastic. :-\

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 18 November 2017, 17:57:22 »

Agreed. The 5p UK charge reduced the purchase of bags by 80%. Good alround unless you actually make bags.

Stop using the oceans as dumping ground. Why not extend that to the land and waterways. Tax the manufacturer to change packaging rather than pass it on to the consumer. Some packaging is obscene in volume and size.

I think that in this day and age all packaging should be recyclable and it should be all be sent for recycling as well.  :y  Cheap single use plastics should just be banned outright!  :y

We used to drink Coke etc from returnable glass bottles and there's no reason why we can't go back to doing that, other than resistance from the big corps like Coke etc.  >:(

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 18 November 2017, 17:58:05 »

£11.5k tax allowance is a saving of £2250 on tax which then largely goes on paying your council tax if you live in anything bigger than a matchbox. :o :o :o Another Gordon McRuin tax rise was where he doubled it over only a few years. >:( >:( >:(

Lazy politicians since 1991 have taken the easy approach, (making the public sector more efficient is much more difficult in comparison) on increasing the tax burden EVERY year with no signs of that rate of increase slowing down, They have gone from 35% of GDP to 43%. Some of the changes and increases include fuel and alcohol escalators, tobacco, airfare tax, IPT, CGT, NI and higher levels of income tax.

Where virtually all taxes are now the wrong side of the Laffer curve so if they increase them further people change their spending habits or if a high earner they move to a lower tax jurisdiction.  Since Gideon raised VED and stamp duty more expensive new car sales have fallen and fewer older people are downsizing to smaller houses so these are now also the wrong side of the curve and raising less revenue.

Where they are struggling to steal even more of our economic output, the next areas of new taxes will be sugar, fat and anything else considered to be more enjoyable and less good for you than Government standard formula gruel, all different types of packaging to appeal to the tree huggers and finally on any expensive items as an annual percentage value tax, where you have the privilege of owning and using valuable items. This list will include property, cars, paintings, designer watches, jewellery and fashion items, antiques and any other collectables or items of value. There will be an annual allowance of say £100k and the tax will be regressive at say 5%, from £100k to £500k, £500k to £1m 10%, £1m to £2m 15%, £2m+ 25%. If you can't afford the annual percentage value tax then the government will put a Charge Order on them so you pay with interest when you sell it or when you die as part of the tax due on your estate. If the tax owed is equal or greater than its value it automatically passes to the state who auction it so you then only owe any shortfall in the tax. The annual percentage value tax is basically what Liebour and the DimLems have proposed in the past. It will be particularly appealing to the modern Marxist Liebour party as a way of nationalising all private property of any value, by stealth, so it all belongs to the state within a generation or two. Who gets to use what and on how much rent, will then be decided like in the USSR on Liebour party membership and your contribution to the Corbyn/Mcdonnell/McCluskey revolution where the modern way is to get elected and then pull up the democracy drawbridge behind you. Venezeula, Russia and Turkey are three good examples. >:( >:( >:(

Here in Euroland, we have had to declare any holding worth more than a total of 50k euros on our tax returns for a few years now. No tax yet but it is only a matter of time. The categories are quite wide so as to encompass anything you have of value. So for example a collection of 10 nice Omegas, a modest boat, a holding of shares, part share in a deceased parents house that you rent out, antique hunting gun collection, bank accounts totalling more than 50k. Worse the penalties for not declaring are punitive. Also no paying cash for things like a secondhand car above a tiny threshold.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 18 November 2017, 18:03:03 »

I think that in this day and age all packaging should be recyclable and it should be all be sent for recycling as well.  :y  Cheap single use plastics should just be banned outright!  :y

We used to drink Coke etc from returnable glass bottles and there's no reason why we can't go back to doing that, other than resistance from the big corps like Coke etc.  >:(

Agreed. We don't have refuse collection in Spain so everything has to be taken to one of the numerous bins in local towns/villages. You soon realise how much you produce . It is easy enough to put your bottles, cardboard, and plastics/cartons in the approriate bins. Even so you see lazy sods that just put it all in the general waste bin or worse throw it out of the car window.

Why cannot superarkets have recycling banks and you take your bottles back and get "your deposit back" auto creditted to your card. Used to work when we were kids in a simpler way
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.