Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Two new Tesla's for the electric vehicle enthusiasts..  (Read 4488 times)

STEMO

Re: Two new Tesla's for the electric vehicle enthusiasts..
« Reply #15 on: 17 November 2017, 12:11:22 »

STEMO - 23 st 10 ½ lbs at my last visit to fat club; 332lbs is almost dead on 150kg. So you should believe it ;)

Granted, that's down from 29 st 5 lbs (411lb or 186kg) on the 13th of Feb, but still a long way from the 110kg limit in a glider!

Oh, I think the Chevy 502 in the winch would argue otherwise, but seat load is limited to 110 kg, unfortunately. :-[

Maybe in another 9 months, if I'm really lucky, I could be down in that range ;) Unlikely, but maybe.
You need to try very hard, young Aaron, you have your whole life ahead of you, and it could be such a good life. Best of luck  :-*

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 November 2017, 12:11:34 »

STEMO - 23 st 10 ½ lbs at my last visit to fat club; 332lbs is almost dead on 150kg. So you should believe it ;)

Granted, that's down from 29 st 5 lbs (411lb or 186kg) on the 13th of Feb, but still a long way from the 110kg limit in a glider!

Oh, I think the Chevy 502 in the winch would argue otherwise, but seat load is limited to 110 kg, unfortunately. :-[

Maybe in another 9 months, if I'm really lucky, I could be down in that range ;) Unlikely, but maybe.

Getting easier or harder to lose weight, Aaron?

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17 November 2017, 13:33:42 »

Think the electric lorry is a bit long fo a std 45" trailer, then there's the battery pack, think the available pay load won't be good, then there's the que of electric trucks waiting their turn to charge. Also what happens when it runs out of lectricky in the road works. Can't wait for this.
Hoof'land storeman.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 November 2017, 13:34:52 »

Mrs V says that is pretty impressive for that red toy car (with the black cat behind it) . Any plans to build a life size one? ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #19 on: 17 November 2017, 13:34:59 »

Think the electric lorry is a bit long fo a std 45" trailer, then there's the battery pack, think the available pay load won't be good, then there's the que of electric trucks waiting their turn to charge. Also what happens when it runs out of lectricky in the road works. Can't wait for this.
45 inches seems a bit short for a trailer  :-\

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 November 2017, 13:37:18 »

You aren't thinking outside the box. Each lorry driver will have a USB stick emergency power supply (bit like you get now for your mobile phone) . Just plug it in and away you go to your nearest charging point. Or what does a lorry do now when it runs out of fuel? Call out the breakdown truck.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 November 2017, 13:38:00 »

45 inches seems a bit short for a trailer  :-\

Seems right if they are toys. :y

aaronjb

« Reply #22 on: 17 November 2017, 13:40:00 »

Thanks STEMO  :)

Getting easier or harder to lose weight, Aaron?

Harder - although that's only really because we've had a tough few weeks with a lot of stress, little time to shop etc and resorted to food that isn't "on plan". The dog is about the only thing keeping us in balance at the moment!

Incidentally if anyone is lonely and single, I reckon SlimmingWorld groups would be a great place to pick up some desperate MILF action ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17 November 2017, 14:23:23 »

Well done. :y That's a fantastic achievement.

When you get to 110 kg, the flight's on me. :y

I'll even take you there in the Westfield. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 November 2017, 14:58:10 »

You aren't thinking outside the box. Each lorry driver will have a USB stick emergency power supply (bit like you get now for your mobile phone) . Just plug it in and away you go to your nearest charging point. Or what does a lorry do now when it runs out of fuel? Call out the breakdown truck.

Yeah, right. It's estimated that to get the 500 mile range Tesla are claiming for the lorry it'll need a battery around 1200Kwh in size. Charging it in half an hour means a supply rated at least 2400kwh. From a 240V supply that's 10,000 amps  :o.

The reality is that you're going to have to drive this thing to your local nuclear power station to charge it up. The new Hinkley Point C is rated at 3200Mw. It'll be able to recharge about 2700 lorries per hour.  And that charge will get you about 500 miles, so what 10 hours driving? AIUI a normal diesel lorry can drive around for several days on a single fill up.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 17 November 2017, 15:03:26 »

Yeah, right. It's estimated that to get the 500 mile range Tesla are claiming for the lorry it'll need a battery around 1200Kwh in size. Charging it in half an hour means a supply rated at least 2400kwh. From a 240V supply that's 10,000 amps  :o.

The reality is that you're going to have to drive this thing to your local nuclear power station to charge it up. The new Hinkley Point C is rated at 3200Mw. It'll be able to recharge about 2700 lorries per hour.  And that charge will get you about 500 miles, so what 10 hours driving? AIUI a normal diesel lorry can drive around for several days on a single fill up.
  ;D ;D ;D

So the breakdown trucks "emergency charge" will pack a hell of a punch just like my USB sticks. :y

aaronjb

« Reply #26 on: 17 November 2017, 15:06:45 »

Well done. :y That's a fantastic achievement.

When you get to 110 kg, the flight's on me. :y

I'll even take you there in the Westfield. ;)

Cheers Kevin - might just take you up on that, if/when I make it there :)

BTW LCOG (as I call you in my head.. pronounced "El Cog"), Superchargers are 480V DC, so it's a mere 5,000A of DC current. What could go wrong?

Incidentally, Elon says the Megachargers will be solar powered. I assume each one will come with a few square miles of solar panels.. which might well work in the middle of America (aka desert wasteland), but not the UK, I suspect!

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17 November 2017, 15:08:15 »

8mpg and a 200 gallon tank... 8 gallons an hour at 56 mph, that's 25 hours of driving, or just over a day ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

aaronjb

« Reply #28 on: 17 November 2017, 15:10:53 »

8mpg and a 200 gallon tank... 8 gallons an hour at 56 mph, that's 25 hours of driving, or just over a day ::)

How long before the tacho makes you stop for a break, though?*

*assuming you haven't disconnected it, of course. Because nobody would ever do that.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 17 November 2017, 15:37:32 »

Zero to sixty in 1.6 seconds is roughly 2G.......and will probably hurt. ;)

I'd give it a go :D

No worse than a glider winch launch (without the 2000' per minute rate of climb element). *;D

* - Your Traction May Vary  ;)

Indeed. And not painful at all :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.