Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Budget and Brexit  (Read 7335 times)

STEMO

Budget and Brexit
« on: 22 November 2017, 11:21:51 »

Some interesting charts here. Only guesswork though, no matter how factual they might appear:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5747104

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Budget and Brexit
« Reply #1 on: 22 November 2017, 11:52:38 »

Romour has it that slim Phil is going to give diesel a 'bit of a kicking' in his speech.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 November 2017, 12:05:26 »

1p/litre has been mooted.

I'll have to see if the Mrs has a spare 65p a week she can lend me.   ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 November 2017, 12:06:57 »

1p/litre has been mooted.

I'll have to see if the Mrs has a spare 65p a week she can lend me.   ;D

Thin end of the wedge, Mr Jimmy.

This is just the start. :)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 November 2017, 12:15:55 »

I don't doubt it, not for a second. Which is why the Ovlov is the last diesel I will buy. However I suspect direct attacks on cars like mine will be financially immaterial. The Gov't will go after new car sales, and company car drivers.

Too big a hike in fuel duty will put the dampners on our road based economy and over the time horizon of my Volvo ownership (4yrs max), splitting commercial and domestic diesel is unrealistic, and doesn't fit the eco-narrative.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 November 2017, 12:20:28 »

I don't doubt it, not for a second. Which is why the Ovlov is the last diesel I will buy. However I suspect direct attacks on cars like mine will be financially immaterial. The Gov't will go after new car sales, and company car drivers.

Too big a hike in fuel duty will put the dampners on our road based economy and over the time horizon of my Volvo ownership (4yrs max), splitting commercial and domestic diesel is unrealistic, and doesn't fit the eco-narrative.

It will.

Perhaps Elon Musk will convert the haulage industry from derv to electric trucks which can go from 0-60 in 5 seconds. :)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 November 2017, 12:25:53 »

It will.

Perhaps Elon Musk will convert the haulage industry from derv to electric trucks which can go from 0-60 in 5 seconds. :)

.. and all the lights will go out. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #7 on: 22 November 2017, 12:56:00 »

Well, that's going to happen anyway when we are driven from reliable, useful fuel sources for power stations like nuclear and on to "renewables" ..

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 November 2017, 13:09:23 »

Well, that's going to happen anyway when we are driven from reliable, useful fuel sources for power stations like nuclear and on to "renewables" ..

Maybe sooner than you think. An extra £100m for "Plug-in car grant" - another scrappage scheme maybe?  :y

aaronjb

« Reply #9 on: 22 November 2017, 13:21:47 »

Maybe sooner than you think. An extra £100m for "Plug-in car grant" - another scrappage scheme maybe?  :y

Indeed - I notice all the plug in points that appeared outside a certain employer; usually populated by large Mercedes "plug in Hybrids" and the Tesla..

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 November 2017, 13:25:35 »

Yup, I reckon that merc can just about make It out of the car park under its own batter power  ;D.

Guy in my team has just picked up a new i3 which you'll probably start to see around
« Last Edit: 22 November 2017, 13:27:17 by jimmy944 »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 November 2017, 14:44:42 »

Yup, I reckon that merc can just about make It out of the car park under its own batter power  ;D.

Guy in my team has just picked up a new i3 which you'll probably start to see around

Yes, seeing quite a few of them. Not sure what to make of them, really - except the standard fit tyres look like space-savers! I'm guessing they don't take well to "spirited" driving?  ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #12 on: 22 November 2017, 14:48:39 »

Yes, seeing quite a few of them. Not sure what to make of them, really - except the standard fit tyres look like space-savers! I'm guessing they don't take well to "spirited" driving?  ::)

Actually felt a lot like driving the (new) MX5..

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 November 2017, 15:02:40 »

Actually felt a lot like driving the (new) MX5..

In a good way, or a bad way? :-\

aaronjb

« Reply #14 on: 22 November 2017, 15:04:40 »

That depends if you like the new MX5 ;D Very pointy, nimble, decent turn of pace but not going to set the world on fire in terms of outright speed - I imagine the extremely low COG helps (all the batteries live under your feet), and the typically too-firm BMW suspension makes it feel more gokart like.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.