Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Budget and Brexit  (Read 7336 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Budget and Brexit
« Reply #30 on: 28 November 2017, 16:03:07 »

If you're moving to Cambodia :o, then lpg is probably out ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 28 November 2017, 16:37:54 »

;D ;D They're all fairly monstrous, but that one does take the biscuit.. Do you park outside the weird mostly empty warehouse thing (at the corner of the road into Rye Hill House) by any chance? </stalker> ;D

Used to, yes. I now park on the post-apocalyptic waste ground on the other side of the road  ;D

120m range probably won't be achievable every day, and remember every time you take more than 50% from the battery, you kill it's capacity a little.

True, real world range (i.e. None of that NDEC bobbins) is about 150m. So yes, 120rpund trip won't be achievable all the time, but I figure with a bit of charging at home it will be doable with minimum spend from me. That said, if I end up somewhere with easy lpg access. An omega or v6 vec/signum maybe a good option. I really would like an auto, and comethong with a bit more urgency wouldn't go amiss

Best call i've made in a while was to make my 3.2 auto my commuter, was shattered this morning. Crappy drive too, M25 screwed so through Hounslow it was. I hate driving through it! But auto made it all effortless  8)

I wish I could delete the fuel computer info though, ignorance would be bliss, 22mpg average less so  ;D

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 28 November 2017, 16:40:54 »

;D ;D They're all fairly monstrous, but that one does take the biscuit.. Do you park outside the weird mostly empty warehouse thing (at the corner of the road into Rye Hill House) by any chance? </stalker> ;D

Used to, yes. I now park on the post-apocalyptic waste ground on the other side of the road  ;D

120m range probably won't be achievable every day, and remember every time you take more than 50% from the battery, you kill it's capacity a little.

True, real world range (i.e. None of that NDEC bobbins) is about 150m. So yes, 120rpund trip won't be achievable all the time, but I figure with a bit of charging at home it will be doable with minimum spend from me. That said, if I end up somewhere with easy lpg access. An omega or v6 vec/signum maybe a good option. I really would like an auto, and comethong with a bit more urgency wouldn't go amiss

Best call i've made in a while was to make my 3.2 auto my commuter, was shattered this morning. Crappy drive too, M25 screwed so through Hounslow it was. I hate driving through it! But auto made it all effortless  8)

I wish I could delete the fuel computer info though, ignorance would be bliss, 22mpg average less so  ;D
You need to get it LPG'd.... As do I need to do one of mine!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 28 November 2017, 16:51:08 »

You need to get it LPG'd.... As do I need to do one of mine!

I want to, but I still cannot get the numbers to work. Even at a crappy 22mpg, I'm spending around ~£140/m on fuel. So LPG would give me 40% saving = £55 or so in savings.

I think all in to do the conversion would be around £1.2k, once added in all the little odds/sods, fuel back and forth to Brackley and little bits the eBay kits don't have. Plus compensate the time of people who would potentially assist (beers + curry) - then on top the certification.

At £55/m savings, that's just under 2 years pay-back time.  :-\

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 28 November 2017, 17:30:24 »

Are you on good terms with anyone who runs a restaurant ?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-190D-Deisel-1994-One-Owner-No-Reserve-One-owner-Mot-04-18/222731232557?hash=item33dbd0e52d:g:Aq8AAOSwb3laChsA

3 years to earn back the purchase price, but it will probably be worth more in three years time than it is now.
If local fuel supplies are a bit thin on the ground, theres always ebay.  :)
Its a bit expensive at 35p per litre.  :D
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WVO-Waste-or-Used-Vegetable-Oil-20-Litres/162775148019?hash=item25e627a5f3:g:khMAAOSwidlZY8So
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 28 November 2017, 17:34:11 »

Yeah, lpg payback is long at that cost - may as well not have the bother!

For me OTOH, at close to £600pcm @22mpg, the payback would be rather sooner  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 28 November 2017, 17:48:40 »

Christ Jimmy, you must be making a serious dent in the national debt with your contributions to the Treasury.  :o
In fact you could take up my suggestion to Tunnie, but buy this one instead.  ;D
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-Benz-190D-2-5-AUTOMATIC-62500miles-Leather-A-C-1992/152361514488?hash=item23797435f8:g:R-wAAOSw~G1Z3Scc
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 28 November 2017, 19:18:50 »

Had you done it 5 or 6 years ago,

a) the kits were stupidly cheap
b) it would have already paid for itself several times over, and you wouldn't even be mentioning LPG, because you wouldn't care

Not a dig, and don't take as such, as I too regretted not doing mine so much earlier.  I too thought I needed the boot. Reality was, there were always other options for those rare occasions you do.
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 28 November 2017, 19:40:02 »

b) it would have already paid for itself several times over, and you wouldn't even be mentioning LPG, because you wouldn't care

Not a dig, and don't take as such, as I too regretted not doing mine so much earlier.  I too thought I needed the boot. Reality was, there were always other options for those rare occasions you do.

What's even worse is I have the kit but I just haven't quite got round to fitting it, I nearly have at least twice but but but.....

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 28 November 2017, 19:41:48 »

What's even worse is I have the kit but I just haven't quite got round to fitting it, I nearly have at least twice but but but.....
Get on with it!

;D
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 28 November 2017, 19:47:18 »

Until now, I needed the boot practicality. Many a family trip boot was rammed!

Zafira means no need now.

Might just put the conversation cost into savings for XF-S in a few years.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 28 November 2017, 19:49:01 »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-190D-Deisel-1994-One-Owner-No-Reserve-One-owner-Mot-04-18/222731232557?hash=item33dbd0e52d:g:Aq8AAOSwb3laChsA

3 years to earn back the purchase price, but it will probably be worth more in three years time than it is now.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WVO-Waste-or-Used-Vegetable-Oil-20-Litres/162775148019?hash=item25e627a5f3:g:khMAAOSwidlZY8So

Are a few around here... would need to be auto though. Think I would miss 3.2’s grunt!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 28 November 2017, 20:17:26 »

Are a few around here... would need to be auto though. Think I would miss 3.2’s grunt!
Yeah - he forgot to mention that it's quicker to walk. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 28 November 2017, 20:24:07 »

Especially as the front end is pretty much done ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 28 November 2017, 21:02:02 »

Christ Jimmy, you must be making a serious dent in the national debt with your contributions to the Treasury.  :o
In fact you could take up my suggestion to Tunnie, but buy this one instead.  ;D
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-Benz-190D-2-5-AUTOMATIC-62500miles-Leather-A-C-1992/152361514488?hash=item23797435f8:g:R-wAAOSw~G1Z3Scc

Ha! As it is, I spend about £80 a week as I achieve about 47mpg week in week out. Hence why I don't entertain anything other than a derv drinker.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.