Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

Instrument panel lights not working.

(1/2) > >>

neil74:
Can someone help with a little problem I have. basically when I switched on the lights the other day smoke started pouring from the switch so I popped the bonnet and disconnected the battery just to be on the safe side. but now I don't have any instrument panel or radio lights at all and despite checking fuses and swapping the circuit board inside the switch I cannot get any illumination. does anyone have any suggestion as to the problem.

Thanks
All.

Entwood:

--- Quote from: neil74 on 27 November 2017, 21:49:40 ---Can someone help with a little problem I have. basically when I switched on the lights the other day smoke started pouring from the switch so I popped the bonnet and disconnected the battery just to be on the safe side. but now I don't have any instrument panel or radio lights at all and despite checking fuses and swapping the circuit board inside the switch I cannot get any illumination. does anyone have any suggestion as to the problem.

Thanks
All.

--- End quote ---

At a guess .. new switch needed .. :(

zirk:
As said switch, or probably the little dimmer slider switch has burnt out.

neil74:
I did replace the board from a supposed working switch but like I said not a jot of light. but up until that point the dimmer never worked and the lights were at full brightness wherever the control was. I don't suppose anyone has a good switch they could sell me do they..

neil74:
Should hopefully be sorted once the switch arrives.thanks Jon  :y

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version