Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Part Number Cable/Harness from the rear ABS Speed sensors at Gear Box to ABS ECU  (Read 778 times)

TestOmega

• Mississauga, Canada
  • Been helped, will help.
    • View Profile

Anyone has picture(s) or part number for a wiring harness that connects the two gearbox speed sensors on Catera (2000 Omega pre face-lift) to the ABS ECU/EBTCM! I don't have easy access to a hoist that often unless I visit a shop. I believe it is a single cable that splits into two near the gear box where pigtail connectors from the sensor are latched/inserted into th eplugs of this cable. Mine was either eaten by the black squirrels or damaged by road hazard(s).

If you can suggest a place to purchase used or new I will appreciate too.

Thank you.

PS: It relates to my other thread as well http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=141328.0
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  May I be blessed to give more than I receive  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile

The Omega ABS ECU uses a speed sensor on each wheel (front ones are on the hubs, rear ones are on the differential inboard of the drive shafts)

I am not aware of any link from the ABS ECU to the gearbox (transmission) speed sensors - those sensors connect to the transmission ECU.

I assume that the Catera is the same :-\
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile

Gearbox output shaft speed sensor is used by the auto box ECU only, it plays no part in providing the speed signal for the vehicle.

The speed signal is derived from the rear ABS sensors, these are post diff so the only additional config needed is the tyre size hence why they are used.

TestOmega

• Mississauga, Canada
  • Been helped, will help.
    • View Profile

Fuse19 and AndyH Sirs; I am a poor North American trying to speak Technical Language of UK, the fatherland/motherland/sisterland/brotherland  of the Catera.

Please recognize my errors as follows;

1. When I said GEARBOX I meant what we call Differential in the rear to which is connected the drive shaft coming out of the Transmission (your language Gearbox) out of each each of the rear drive axles come out. So I am looking at the correct area just did not describe in correct European language.

A text diagram below;

Engine -----> Gearbox (Transmission)-----> Differential -VSS----->Wheel

On the Catera the VSS picks up from the left Rear wheel drive axle. The pigtail of this is in-tact but past the pigtail connector to the main ABS cable going towards the front, the cable is ripped about 12" away from the continuing cable and pigtail connector connection. It is this cable that I want to know about. I wish I had taken a picture but the Mechanic wanted me away from the hoist when he raised the car. It is a new shop that I went to for the first time. Once my back is a little better I believe I can repair it but Fuse19 suggested I should replace it. I don't know the part number and it does not appear generally available for me.

Hence my request for help.

Regards and apologies for the confusion.

PS: Can the Mod please correct the thread subject line from Gearbox to Differential or the right name! I will appreciate it.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  May I be blessed to give more than I receive  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.