Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Locking wheel nut problem

(1/13) > >>

terry paget:
My sister has bought a new Vauxhall Mokka. I used to service her old Meriva, but have never touched her Mokka, dealer does that. She had a puncture last Thursday, luckily near home. Car has no spare wheel, just an aerosol can. She walked home and summoned the breakdown service. The breakdown man recovered the car to a local tyre shop. Initially they could not find the locking wheel nut tool (LWNT), when they did it did not fit. She contacted her garage, who had done the service, and they admitted they must have mixed up the LWNTs. They delivered a box full of assorted LWNTs, none of which fitted. They provided a courtesy car, which she is still using.

Is there a master LWNT for Vauxhalls? How is this problem overcome in the trade?

I suppose another customer has her LWNT, and she has his. I wonder why they did not trace the guy?

raywilb:

--- Quote from: terry paget on 02 December 2017, 12:57:37 ---My sister has bought a new Vauxhall Mokka. I used to service her old Meriva, but have never touched her Mokka, dealer does that. She had a puncture last Thursday, luckily near home. Car has no spare wheel, just an aerosol can. She walked home and summoned the breakdown service. The breakdown man recovered the car to a local tyre shop. Initially they could not find the locking wheel nut tool (LWNT), when they did it did not fit. She contacted her garage, who had done the service, and they admitted they must have mixed up the LWNTs. They delivered a box full of assorted LWNTs, none of which fitted. They provided a courtesy car, which she is still using.

Is there a master LWNT for Vauxhalls? How is this problem overcome in the trade?

I suppose another customer has her LWNT, and she has his. I wonder why they did not trace the guy?

--- End quote ---
probably as well to change all 4 lwnt if she gets no joy. maybe the dealer would stand the cost as they admitted it was their fault

tidla:
In the lock nut box or the service book folder should be a lock nut number.

I have been to the dealer with the number and bought a matching lock nut. Still made of chocolate so when you do get them off stick em in the bin.

omegod:
£25 for new socket last time I had the misfortune

terry paget:
Every time I buy a used Omega the first thing I do on getting home is take the wheels off, to make sure I can. After getting the wheel nuts off, I likely as not find the alloy wheels have rusted on and I cannot shift them. Only cure I know is to put back the wheel nuts, half a turn slack, and go for a short drive; that shifts them. Then I wire brush and grease the hubs and replace the wheels, using all standard screws - no locking screws- no-one is going to pinch my wheels. Then I check the spare, check it is legal and inflated, and a steel wheel, 'cos steel wheels are easier to fit than alloys. Check the jack works, add an extensible wheel nut spanner, and have my tea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version