Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error code P0155 Y26SE  (Read 1305 times)

Knez

• Sweden
    • Omega 2.6 Sport -01
    • View Profile
Error code P0155 Y26SE
« on: 02 December 2017, 21:37:38 »

Hi!

I recently bought an 2001 Omega 2.6 with a manual box very cheaply with some problems.
It has some minor rust issues and some instrument cluster bulbs that are dead, but mainly it's the P0155 error code.
This is the only error code there is right now, and when cleared I can drive around 10km before the code reappears.

I bought a new O2 sensor cheaply and hope this fixes the issue with the error code.

So, to get to the point. P0155 seems to be pointing to "bank 2, sensor 1", is this always on the left side of the car (my drivers side, passenger side in the UK) in front of the catalytic converter? I just want to make sure I change the correct sensor.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Error code P0155 Y26SE
« Reply #1 on: 03 December 2017, 10:47:10 »

"bank 2, sensor 1", is this always on the left side of the car (my drivers side, passenger side in the UK) in front of the catalytic converter? I just want to make sure I change the correct sensor.
Yes :y
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 December 2017, 10:49:39 »

To clarify "in front of cat", on a standard 2.6, both sensors for that bank are "in front of the (main) cat".

Manifold - Sensor 1 - Starting Cat (also called Pre Cat) - sensor 2 - main cat

So you are looking for the forwardmost of the 2 sensors on that side, on the downpipe section
Grumpy old man

Knez

• Sweden
    • Omega 2.6 Sport -01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 December 2017, 14:38:24 »

Wonderful! Thanks! Hope I get this sorted this week :)

Knez

• Sweden
    • Omega 2.6 Sport -01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 December 2017, 10:00:47 »

I haven't changed the sensor yet, but yesterday the engine warning light suddenly just stopped glowing! It still comes on during the ignition self test, so the bulb works. Checked the error codes and theres none. The one that was there before is gone now.
I drove 50km in one go yesterday just to make sure it wouldn't come on again, and it haven't.

My mate who is a mechanic told me that since I have a more aggressive driving style than the pensioner that owned the car before me, I might have blowed away a lot of crap from the exhaust and O2 sensor which made it start working again.
Can it really be like that? I'm thrilled not having to change the sensor in the middle of the winter, though :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.