Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Motor neurone disease  (Read 2245 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Motor neurone disease
« Reply #15 on: 05 December 2017, 19:27:46 »

Is it not time we[as a race]got past the idea that life is sacred,but rather it is the quality of that life which matters?Don't get me wrong I am by no means advocating euthanasia en masse,but I personally wouldn't like to be kept alive beyond when there was no real hope of recovery and I was reliant on drip feeds/machines/whatever to keep me going. 

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 December 2017, 19:46:34 »

Hard to disagree with that, but its almost inevitable it would lead to euthanasia en masse.
When legal abortion was introduced in GB  the stated aim was purely to save a small number of women each year from risking their health and lives at back street clinics.
Within approx. a decade abortion numbers ran into six figures and it was just another form of contraception, despite huge advances in all the other forms of contraception.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 December 2017, 20:10:24 »

Is it not time we[as a race]got past the idea that life is sacred,but rather it is the quality of that life which matters?Don't get me wrong I am by no means advocating euthanasia en masse,but I personally wouldn't like to be kept alive beyond when there was no real hope of recovery and I was reliant on drip feeds/machines/whatever to keep me going. 
Is that the same as TBs cull list.  :D On a darker note i,ve told my kids that when they see me going past the point of no return, to please do not do anything to prolong my life further. Just hope the law is changed to save them from litigation. I also agree with Stemo as well, for a change ;D

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06 December 2017, 12:57:09 »

With my good friend, after closing the workshop, he had nothing to look forward to every day. It was being got up and ready to go to work that kept him going. He told me that himself. With no work shop, he had nothing left. His wife had hit the bottle, again, so it was the carer that did everything for him

Keith ABS
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.