Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

one dip beam bulb keeps blowing

(1/2) > >>

addy:
The passenger side dip beam bulb, keeps blowing on my wifes 1995 2.0 omega estate. It is OK for a couple of months then it just goes. I have checked the earth and power lead both seem ok and tight.  Has anybody else had this problem and if so what did you do to solve it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

amba:
Assume you have checked the light is secure and not vibrating causing the bulb to blow

addy:
Thank you for the quick reply.
I have checked the earth and power connectors, both seem tight and clean, scraped the earth connection point where the earth goes to.  The spring that holds the bulb looks tight, would it hurt if I was to bend it slightly, to increase the pressure on the back of the bulb, just incase it isn't quite holding it tight enough, so as you say it is slowly moving when going over bumps?

cam.in.head:
its worth sticking a meter on the battery when engine is running to make sure its not overcharging.(higher than 14.5v when revving up) but obviously this wouldnt just affect 1 bulb !. other than that if the light doesnt have loose reflector as suggested causing a vibration and no signs of water on the bulb then its just pure bulb failure.nothing else electrically can cause a bulb to blow .no real reason to bend retaining clip unless its obviously slack.but do pay attention to any excessive up/down movement of reflector as these lights are prone to adjusters breaking.

Chazza12:
make sure you not buying cheap bulbs, and no fingerprints on the crystal glass, also check the bulb reflector make sure its secure as the adjuster can crack and wobble about in the housing. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version