Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Caring for your neighbours at Christmas.....  (Read 1048 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Caring for your neighbours at Christmas.....
« on: 11 December 2017, 17:04:41 »

Anyone recall, me posting about my neighbour? The one who is getting on a bit, and in the words of hot fuzz "Nothing but a bloody busybody"

It was about three years ago. While I was away for a month, touring Spain -  My Elite, parked on my drive, developed a flat tyre.
Thinking he'd be helpful and prevent the tyre getting more damaged, he decided to Jack it up and take the pressure off it.
Nice in principle, however, it all went wrong when he decided to shove a trolley Jack underneath, without looking at what he was jacking on, and put said jack straight through the frigging floorpan.

I didn't take it any further, as a result of speaking to his son, who is probably ten years older than me, and told me his dad was being looked into for Dementia etc, and just swallowed the loss.

You can imagine how chuffed I was, to wake up this morning, look out of my bedroom window to see what the weather was doing, and see him being such a kind neighbour and clearing the snow away from everyone's cars without them even asking him to.

Yes, nice in principle. Apart from the fact, at the time I looked, the silly old b@stard was clearing all the snow off the side of my beautifully polished black Elite......... with a f*£ing HARD BROOM that he regularly uses to sweep the path.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

The irony is, when the snow hit, I cancelled my appointments for a few days, and decided to leave the cars entirely put, and instead walk to the shops / pub and chill out for a few days. So I didn't even need the car cleared off.

I guess he meant well  ::)
« Last Edit: 11 December 2017, 17:06:39 by JamesV6CDX »

2boxerdogs

Re: Caring for your neighbours at Christmas.....
« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2017, 17:25:11 »

Might be an idea to move house.😀

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2017, 17:43:14 »

You're lucky James, as my neighbours wait for me to take the lead all the time, dealing with fly tipping, faulty lights, broken doors, liaising with our housing association and police, etc, etc.

The lazy buggers just can't be bothered, although in fairness there is another woman on another floor who also does what I do, but out of 24 flats............ggrrrrrr!!

Oh well, good tidings to all my neighbours! :y :y :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 December 2017, 17:51:34 »

If he is acting irrationally due to dementia or similar my heart goes out to him, it really does.
If he is simply an interfering old busybody, arrest him for criminal damage, or threaten him with a good hiding.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 December 2017, 17:55:48 »

I think it’s the former, which is why it’s so hard to say anything, I also really feel for him (and moreso his family)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 December 2017, 17:57:54 »

Sounds like you need 8ft gates and fence with barbed wire on top.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 December 2017, 18:02:52 »

I think it’s the former, which is why it’s so hard to say anything, I also really feel for him (and moreso his family)

In that case I would try hard to just suck it up. Easier said than done I know, but he cant help himself and its likely his family are already worried sick about him without more hassle.
Likelyhood is that in the not too distant future he will have to go and live somewhere he can be taken care of.
Had similar (probably a lot worse tbh) with my own Dad, and it was heartbreaking beyond words to witness.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.