Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Women are strange  (Read 7378 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Women are strange
« Reply #45 on: 15 December 2017, 20:32:31 »

Colchester? You love that place, don’t ya?  ;D
I used to have to go there 3 times a week.  I got kicked out of pizzahut one day (mind you, I did in oxford as well, and got barred from the one in Milton Keynes.
Grumpy old man

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 15 December 2017, 21:33:03 »

Back to the topic - was asked to accompany my precious to Sainsbury and M & S  in Ashton. She wanted 2 cards for 2 family members. After 30 minutes of looking I got pissed off and said to hurry up.

We left car park and half hour later we were in Glossop. She then says has forgotten to get one of the two cards and suddenly it is my fault "for rushing her". No wonder the country is in chaos.

[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 15 December 2017, 21:39:01 »

On a completely unrelated note pscocoa, is your VW a diesel?

Friend of mine is borrowing a 3.0d one, and even driving steady (he's steady most of the time anyway), he's struggling to achieve 30mpg.  Is that about right?
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 15 December 2017, 22:11:29 »

Friend of mine is borrowing a 3.0d one, and even driving steady (he's steady most of the time anyway), he's struggling to achieve 30mpg.  Is that about right?
It has four wheel drive, a slush box and weighs north of 2 tons... What does he expect ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 16 December 2017, 01:41:32 »

Mine only does motorway stuff and it gets me about 550 to 600 miles on 90litres. I will do the maths in the morning!!! I think 37/38 mpg on a run is about right. It is 2.5 tonne 4 wheel drive.

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 16 December 2017, 08:05:53 »

Sorry - yes it is a diesel. The 90 litres for 600 miles is 30 mpg but I recall that I refilled on empty signal but in fact 10 litres still left - so basically 34 mpg mainly motorway with some small amount. around town at destination

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 16 December 2017, 09:33:09 »

Colchester? You love that place, don’t ya?  ;D
I used to have to go there 3 times a week.  I got kicked out of pizzahut one day (mind you, I did in oxford as well, and got barred from the one in Milton Keynes.

Believe me, it hasn't improved any. Its got a lot worse tbh. Massive amounts of housebuilding with no increase in infrastructure to cope with it. Rush hour isn't much better than London. I burnt a lot of petrol going nowhere yesterday, And that's one thing that really goets on my wick.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #52 on: 16 December 2017, 09:44:18 »

When I was there in the 70’s, as a young soldier, I remember it was always night and everything looked blurry.  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 16 December 2017, 09:48:09 »

;D ;D ;D Even the bars on the windows ?  ;D
The thing that struck me yesterday was the number of people sleeping rough in doorways and the number of beggars on the streets.
All the ones I heard speaking were eastern European.
Colchester used to be a reasonably civilised place during the day, and a place to avoid at night time*.

* Especially in the 70,s.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 16 December 2017, 09:50:19 »

Anyway, to get back to the topic. There wasn't really any need for any posts on this thread. The title itself would have sufficed.  ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 16 December 2017, 10:06:53 »

Sorry - yes it is a diesel. The 90 litres for 600 miles is 30 mpg but I recall that I refilled on empty signal but in fact 10 litres still left - so basically 34 mpg mainly motorway with some small amount. around town at destination
Thanks for info, I'll pass on tonight.  We were discussing MPG down the pub a couple of weeks ago, and how disappointed he was in the MPG - otherwise a lovely car, but too big for him being the LWB version, he found too cumbersome around town and carparks.  His normal driving style allows him to get 50+ from his (currently broken 1.9TDi A4), so I think he found it as a shock, esp when he was getting 25mpg from a clapped out 740 from the late 90s.

I didn't realise they were that much over 2 tons though :o, that's Range Rover type weights :o. Certainly helps explain the economy :)
Grumpy old man

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 16 December 2017, 10:49:52 »

I use the Astra (1.6 petrol auto) around Sandhurst/ Farnborough Ststion but only get 27mpg from that. Phaeton would be scraped on regular basis if left at station.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 16 December 2017, 11:31:54 »

Thanks for info, I'll pass on tonight.  We were discussing MPG down the pub a couple of weeks ago, and how disappointed he was in the MPG - otherwise a lovely car, but too big for him being the LWB version, he found too cumbersome around town and carparks.  His normal driving style allows him to get 50+ from his (currently broken 1.9TDi A4), so I think he found it as a shock, esp when he was getting 25mpg from a clapped out 740 from the late 90s.

I didn't realise they were that much over 2 tons though :o, that's Range Rover type weights :o. Certainly helps explain the economy :)

Won't be clapped out yet, surely? Got another 20 years in it, I reckon. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 16 December 2017, 12:02:58 »

......  it felt like 1960's shopping centre.

Did we have shopping centres in the 60s?  ???
I grew up in Aylesbury, and we had the excellent Friars Square, in 1960s grey concrete. It was fabulous, and had the excellent "underground market" for smaller, local shops, underneath the open air market above.

Then in the earlier 90s, they redevloped it into a pointless, useless shithole that it is today, with nothing there to make it worth going to.  And the shut the underground market and reopened as a much smaller area full of overpriced arty/boutique type crap.

Thats progress apparently.

SWMBO comes from Waddesdon and we met at the jazz club that used to run once a week in the Grosvenor hall just below the old Bull's Head. In those days there was just a nice open market square with a lovely market on, I think, two days a week. There were some really decent old pubs in Aylesbury then, most of which have been destroyed. In fact I think the town is an utter sh1t-hole these days. >:(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 16 December 2017, 16:53:26 »

Won't be clapped out yet, surely? Got another 20 years in it, I reckon. ;)
I doubt it, its had a hard life ;D. A very hard life.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.