Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

shock x4 replacement

(1/4) > >>

laney101:
omega currently on 132k mv6 facelift.

seen as std mv6 shocks are no longer available what the closest you can buy in terms of firmness and and overall package.

sachs  (original brand for omega i think) £280 for all four shocks
bilstein b4  (have used rears on other omegas and seemed quite good but are sachs better) £185
meyle (big german brand and known anyone used them) £173

what would be closest to standard mv6 shocks price not issue more how good shock is .. dont really want to go for something like a b6 bilstein or koni yellow as i think make it overly stiff

tunnie:
B4's are about the closest to original MV6, it's all down to preference.  I would find these too firm myself and would probably go Sachs.

Kevin Wood:
B4s were almost indistinguishable from my original MV6 shocks when I changed them, so you could infer from that that they are equivalent to worn MV6 shocks. I don't see how anyone could think they are too firm unless you like driving a water bed. ;)

tunnie:

--- Quote from: Kevin Wood on 15 December 2017, 13:47:43 ---B4s were almost indistinguishable from my original MV6 shocks when I changed them, so you could infer from that that they are equivalent to worn MV6 shocks. I don't see how anyone could think they are too firm unless you like driving a water bed. ;)

--- End quote ---

Got fatty admin's old Elite shocks on front of my 3.2, think they had done 60/70k when fitted? So at 100k now and errrr 15 years old.  ;D

Rears are standard suspension GM shocks, 5 years old.

Just hope my water bed suspension setup does not spring a leak, as I find it rides spot on for my liking right now.  :)

amba:
Fitted B,4s to the back of my 3.2 Elite and after less than 500 miles took them off and replaced them with Sachs.

Personal preference, but found the B4,s quite harsh....the Sachs have now been on for several 1000 miles and am pleased with them...B4,s still in original box back in the shed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version