Chat Area > General Car Chat

My toy is getting expensive

(1/6) > >>

Pmacca2000:
There are a few rounderbouts where I live but I was surprised how quickly the omega has gone through all four tyres, (I’ve only lived here just over a year) I knew the exhaust Baffels were breaking down and for the past year as the sound of someone ratteling change under the floor has got steadily worse to the point she’s no longer quite at motorway speeds on the rare occasion she’s pushed.
After all the work last year I was surprised to find the sump had a lipstick pink staining on the front and have been topping up the coolant for the last couple of months.
A leaking radiator is bad enough but, the AC has leaked and needs a replacement pump as well so it’s proving to be a costly Christmas but I wouldn’t be with out her and hopefully she can go back to summer use only when I get my new car😊

TheBoy:
I found around a year/12k miles was about the life of rears when the Omega was my daily, with fronts being twice as long,

tunnie:
Would you put the fronts on rear, once the rears were shot?

Think my tyre consumption will be higher than it was before.  ::)

pscocoa:
Wife's Insignia very heavy on tyres - Phaeton did 46000 miles on rears and 26000 on fronts but mainly motorway use. When I had Omega it was somewhere in between the 2 but seemed to have more alignment issues.

TheBoy:

--- Quote from: tunnie on 16 December 2017, 10:45:07 ---Would you put the fronts on rear, once the rears were shot?

Think my tyre consumption will be higher than it was before.  ::)

--- End quote ---
If they are the same size, yes. The rears tend to wear out the middle, the fronts wear both edges.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version