Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

2.2 dti p1220 nightmare

(1/3) > >>

Ghoul:
I'm stuck and desperately in need of help with this car

I had a dti that racked up 270K before the chain slipped and locked the engine

I bought another omega estate spares and repair with a faulty fuel pump

Thus far I have tried two new EDC's on the old fuel pump, it ran for a few days then I started getting p1220

I've cleaned the tank strainer, changed the fuel filter, leak off pipes changed the fuel pump for a known working one off another omega, this was from a garage

I got it started and now it's giving me p1220 AGAIN AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGH I'm at my wits end with this, it starts up abeit a bit sluggish but as soon as you rev it it judders and then I can't rev it any higher than 1500rpm OP com tells me the injection angle is out of sync less than what's desired I'm in doubt its the fuel pump I spent the best part of 6-7 hours doing it outside in the cold, please can anyone tell me how they've sorted this out?

VXL V6:
Still sounds like EDC to me.

terry paget:
EDC?

TheBoy:

--- Quote from: terry paget on 17 December 2017, 11:21:34 ---EDC?

--- End quote ---
Electronic Diesel Control Unit.  ECU in other words.  Sits on top of the Bosch VP44 used in the 2.2DTi. In the case of the Bosch VP44 injection pumps, the EDC is known to be unreliable (esp when running the pump dry and cranking the engine with no diesel in the pump, hence the awkward, complex bleeding procedure on these). This impacts all implementations using the VP44, not just Vauxhall.

Ghoul:
Thanks for the replies, I don't think it can be the EDC I've changed it three times I doubt I'd have three faulty EDC's

I've seen a few of these threads but I can't find a definitive answer to what causes this, anyone please?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version