Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you remove the engine mount on a 2001 2.216v to do crankshaft sensor  (Read 2688 times)

addy

• County Durham.  UK
    • 2.6 CD Saloon 2ltr omega
    • View Profile

Hi Doctor Gollum, I did manage to get the old sensor out,using 8mm ring spanner what a nightmare. Managed to put the new one in, but dropped the b****y fixing bolt so had to order a new one, that only comes in a pack of 5. I did try and remove the dipstick after removing the securing bolt, but couldn't find out how it comes out so put the bolt back in and left it. I have small hands but the small space to get the sensor and bolt in, is crazy, due to the A/C compressor.  Hopefully will get it all back together tomorrow and it solves my problems(fingers crossed).  Will be doing throttle body next and new spark plugs for it.
Drives 1995 2.0ltr CD Estate.  2002 2.6 CD saloon

addy

• County Durham.  UK
    • 2.6 CD Saloon 2ltr omega
    • View Profile

Forgot to say the old Crankshaft sensor was covered in oil, but no fine metal filings of any kind (which is at least some good news).  Just wandering would the oil on it,cause intermittent problems?
Drives 1995 2.0ltr CD Estate.  2002 2.6 CD saloon

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile

If you remove the dipstick and undo the clamp at the top of the tube, then grasp the dip stick tube at the base with a mole wrech or stillson wrench you should be able to turn it. Once it is turning you will find you can wriggle it out.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile

Forgot to say the old Crankshaft sensor was covered in oil, but no fine metal filings of any kind (which is at least some good news).  Just wandering would the oil on it,cause intermittent problems?

crank sensors live in the crankcase, so are meant to be covered in oil. The intermittent problems are caused by their construction, which is a tightly wound coil of extremely fine wire. When that breaks, the sensor becomes either unreliable or terminally broken. They should be considered as consumable items. They're also one of the few parts where buying genuine isn't a matter of personal preference.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.