Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Parking fine help...  (Read 2951 times)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
Parking fine help...
« on: 03 January 2018, 19:42:54 »

Hi guys, happy new year  :y

Hoping you can help.

Wifey parked in an MK car park run by a "Napier Parking". As a good wifey she purchased a parking ticket.

Two weeks later we get a letter with a parking fine lol anyways it appears the reg. was incorrect by a letter. Wifey had to input the reg. herself hence the slight error. Anyways we sent proof we'd paid our ticket fee and they have declined our appeal! I mean come on, surely someone has a ounce of common?!?

Anyway they've progressed this to a debt recovery solicitor.

I've sent a very snotty email demanding immediate removal of the fines which has now increased to £200

However should we be worried or is this just a dodgy company trying it on?

Your input very much appreciated 😀👍👍👍

RIP Paul Lovejoy

STEMO

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
Re: Parking fine help...
« Reply #2 on: 03 January 2018, 20:05:48 »

Thanks for that uncle stemo.

As said I've sent an email refusing to pay. Is it likely in anyone's experience that they'd actually stick to their guns and take us to court?
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 January 2018, 20:11:10 »

If they can see you have a reasonable defence, they would be stupid to take you to court. Probably hoping to intimidate you into paying up.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 03 January 2018, 20:11:52 »

Thanks for that uncle stemo.

As said I've sent an email refusing to pay. Is it likely in anyone's experience that they'd actually stick to their guns and take us to court?
Probably not. But why not tell them you’d be glad to go to court? Their appeals process is non-existent, they never find in your favour. A court would see it differently. They know it, and it would cost them.

Does the letter from the ‘debt recovery solicitor’ actually threaten court action?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 January 2018, 20:17:42 »

More for TB's cull list.

Parasites.

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 03 January 2018, 20:20:12 »

More for TB's cull list.

Parasites.
These people pray on fear and ignorance and, while it’s not wise to ignore them if you have transgressed, you really have nothing to fear if you are in the right and can prove it.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 January 2018, 20:23:34 »

Thanks boyos. You've confirmed exactly what I've thought. And luckily wifey kept the ticket and all paperwork.

Stemo... we are clearly similar. I've informed them I've contacted the police and if they don't remove these charges within 48 hours I'll be instructing my solicitor to sue for damages!!!  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 03 January 2018, 20:29:09 »

Thanks boyos. You've confirmed exactly what I've thought. And luckily wifey kept the ticket and all paperwork.

Stemo... we are clearly similar. I've informed them I've contacted the police and if they don't remove these charges within 48 hours I'll be instructing my solicitor to sue for damages!!!  :y
No, Steve, no. They know the police aren’t interested and they know you’re not about to pay for a solicitor. There’s just no need to. You should just say that you’re not willing to pay and you await their decision.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 January 2018, 21:11:36 »

No, Steve, no. They know the police aren’t interested and they know you’re not about to pay for a solicitor. There’s just no need to. You should just say that you’re not willing to pay and you await their decision.

Yes but they'd already declined my appeal. And I'm a stubborn arse so yes I'd definitely take them to court. I'd rather they removed the charges. But I will if I have to.
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 January 2018, 21:13:34 »

If they want proof of my persistence and that I'm a nut case I'll simply send them a copy of the 0-60 thread 😂😂😂😂😂
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 January 2018, 21:17:22 »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :y 8)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 January 2018, 23:02:41 »

Yep, agreed. Don't make any threats, just re-iterate that you are appealing against the fine.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04 January 2018, 10:29:55 »

Gawd help you.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04 January 2018, 11:35:40 »

Do a quick Google of the claims company, its often owned by the same company as runs the parking outfit.....the legal letters you then get are often also from a legal outfit owned by the same.....
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.