Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cost of food  (Read 5729 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Cost of food
« Reply #45 on: 12 January 2018, 20:16:39 »

When at the checkout I always chuck the shopping back into the trolley and then push it outside and bag it up there.Some years ago out of interest I timed myself from walking through the doors to walking out again[this was on a Friday evening and I did nothing different to usual]and a full weeks shopping took me 11mins. I think if I'd got myself a wriggle on I could've done it quicker.

Ah, you see it is not only the very slow ones that I mentioned before who do not know the rules of supermarket / any retail shopping, it is also those men (always men) who race round, diving in and out at great speed, knocking us all over and spoiling our female enjoyment time, disrupting the soothing ambience.

;D ;D  ;D ;D ;)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 12 January 2018, 20:45:13 »

Soothing ambience, Lizzie? You must be joking! The women are usually dragging around one or several unruly, disruptive feral kids who scream the place down if they don't get all the sweets that thay want. That usually means that the mothers are pram-faces, with no bloke to be an authority figure, so they rule tha mother....

Ron.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 12 January 2018, 21:48:02 »

Was in Aldi today, young girl next in line at checkout with one, yes one, item on the conveyor. Head buried in mobile phone screen, lady in front of her finished at checkout so her item was checked through. She only then decided to actually get her purse from her handbag. All her change must have fallen into the bottomless depths of her bag as it took her ages to find the princely sum of 79p. The cashier had to ask her three times for the money. Dizzy bint. ;D

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 13 January 2018, 07:35:19 »

Ah,Lizzie men "race" round because they know what they want,get it,buy it and gone because they've got better things to do with their time than "enjoy?"the ambience-do supermarkets have such a thing?

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 13 January 2018, 09:13:23 »

I wish some of you people would come and do our shopping.
Friday routine is as follows. Swmbo goes in Sainsburys. I wait in the car for an hour. Then I go in to hurry things up a bit and find she is no more than a quarter of the way round the food section, having spent at least half an hour upstairs looking at, and often buying, the clothes. It then takes almost another hour to get to the till, where the cashier relieves us of, on average, £115.
To me, this seems rather on the high side for two people, but what do I know about shopping ?  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 13 January 2018, 10:08:02 »

When at the checkout I always chuck the shopping back into the trolley and then push it outside and bag it up there.Some years ago out of interest I timed myself from walking through the doors to walking out again[this was on a Friday evening and I did nothing different to usual]and a full weeks shopping took me 11mins. I think if I'd got myself a wriggle on I could've done it quicker.

Ah, you see it is not only the very slow ones that I mentioned before who do not know the rules of supermarket / any retail shopping, it is also those men (always men) who race round, diving in and out at great speed, knocking us all over and spoiling our female enjoyment time, disrupting the soothing ambience.

;D ;D  ;D ;D ;)
Ms Zoom, are you being sexist :o

If this place was politically correct, you'd be hung out to dry ;D

Of course men are allowed in supermarkets.  The politically incorrect term for them are ladyboys.
Grumpy old man

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 13 January 2018, 10:25:41 »

The solution, Albs, would be to leave SWMBO at home, go to Sainsbury's alone, whiz around getting what you need (NOT going upstairs to buy ladies' clothes - unless.....), have your money ready before you join the till queue, pay and bugger off back home - job done!  :y 8)

Ron.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 13 January 2018, 10:28:14 »

The solution, Albs, would be to stay at home, give Mrs Albs £20 to get the weekly groceries
FTFY
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 13 January 2018, 11:17:35 »

The solution, Albs, would be to leave SWMBO at home, go to Sainsbury's alone, whiz around getting what you need (NOT going upstairs to buy ladies' clothes - unless.....), have your money ready before you join the till queue, pay and bugger off back home - job done!  :y 8)

Ron.

Tried that Ron. The shopping is subjected to close inspection upon my return, and is deemed to be missing very many vital items, without which, we wont survive to go to Sainsburys next Friday.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 13 January 2018, 11:18:26 »

The solution, Albs, would be to stay at home, give Mrs Albs £20 to get the weekly groceries
FTFY

This plan would save me a fortune, but I would need to learn to cook, so its a non starter.  ;D

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 13 January 2018, 11:22:12 »

Ron.

Tried that Ron. The shopping is subjected to close inspection upon my return, and is deemed to be missing very many vital items, without which, we wont survive to go to Sainsburys next Friday.

Ok, Plan B - get her to compile a list of what she deems necessary for survival.....

Ron.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 13 January 2018, 11:36:55 »

Clothes - lots of them, regularly, especially if they are reduced bargains as this saves a lot of money.
Heat lots of it, all the time.
Food. Lots of variations, readily available all the time.
Shoes. No less than 20 pairs.
TV - especailly soap operas.
Husband / partner who knows where a money tree grows.

Same list as most other women in the world.  :y ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 13 January 2018, 12:46:10 »

Ah,Lizzie men "race" round because they know what they want,get it,buy it and gone because they've got better things to do with their time than "enjoy?"the ambience-do supermarkets have such a thing?

Ah Baza, you obviously don't feel the vibes that women like me feel when shopping and all the lovely articles on sale and the possibilities they conjure up in our minds.  With people like me it is ingrained from an early age and I haven't lost that wonderful feeling when working or shopping in retail places.  :-* :-* :-* 8) 8) 8) 8)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 13 January 2018, 12:47:45 »

;D ;D  ;D ;D ;)
Ms Zoom, are you being sexist :o

If this place was politically correct, you'd be hung out to dry ;D

Of course men are allowed in supermarkets.  The politically incorrect term for them are ladyboys.

Yep TB I am and feeling proud to do so!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

It is not only the men on here who can be sexist and non-PC! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.