Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mokka spare wheel well too small diameter to accommodate spare wheel  (Read 4173 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Mokka spare wheel well too small diameter to accommodate spare wheel
« Reply #15 on: 13 January 2018, 20:03:44 »

Penalty of having different sizes front/rear I suppose.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #16 on: 14 January 2018, 10:25:29 »

Always thought this idea of a spacesaver or no spare at all was a ridiculous idea , even when I had the Omega I purchased a matching alloy.

STEMO

« Reply #17 on: 14 January 2018, 10:57:02 »

Always thought this idea of a spacesaver or no spare at all was a ridiculous idea , even when I had the Omega I purchased a matching alloy.
It’s the EU again, innit? No spare wheel=better fuel economy. It’s a load of big, hairy bollix...but there you go.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14 January 2018, 11:04:26 »

It’s the EU again, innit? No spare wheel=better fuel economy. It’s a load of big, hairy bollix...but there you go.

.....but don't worry because a can of foam will easily fix a blowout. ::) ::) ::) ::) ;)

STEMO

« Reply #19 on: 14 January 2018, 11:10:29 »

.....but don't worry because a can of foam will easily fix a blowout. ::) ::) ::) ::) ;)
We all know it won’t fix anything other than a pinhole, and that a lot of tyre places will then refuse to repair the tyre.
It’s actually a very good example of how dysfunctional the EU is. Taking stuff like fuel economy to such a level as to make it ridiculous. The manufacturers were all in favour because it saved them the cost of a spare wheel and tyre, and it improved their mpg and CO2 figures............by about 100 yards and a millionth of a gram respectively.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14 January 2018, 11:12:45 »

We all know it won’t fix anything other than a pinhole, and that a lot of tyre places will then refuse to repair the tyre.
It’s actually a very good example of how dysfunctional the EU is. Taking stuff like fuel economy to such a level as to make it ridiculous. The manufacturers were all in favour because it saved them the cost of a spare wheel and tyre, and it improved their mpg and CO2 figures............by about 100 yards and a millionth of a gram respectively.

Yes.

My Omega had a full size spare as standard. The mighty Signum has a space saver as does both of the Indian cars I've owned. Although they were an optional extra on the Tata.

« Last Edit: 14 January 2018, 11:17:10 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 14 January 2018, 11:18:36 »

Personally I don't think anyone should have to pay extra for a spare. >:(

STEMO

« Reply #22 on: 14 January 2018, 11:23:19 »

I went and bought a two tonne trolley jack yesterday (it lifts two tonne, it doesn’t weigh two tonne for clarity  :)), so that lives in my car as well as my space saver and all my dog’s paraphernalia. Surely the plonkers that be must realise that ordinary people don’t really give a toss about such things.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 14 January 2018, 11:27:47 »

I went and bought a two tonne trolley jack yesterday (it lifts two tonne, it doesn’t weigh two tonne for clarity  :)), so that lives in my car as well as my space saver and all my dog’s paraphernalia. Surely the plonkers that be must realise that ordinary people don’t really give a toss about such things.

Imagine if the car in question is owned by an obese lard-arsed burger-munching American.

The extra weight of a spare wheel would be insignificant :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14 January 2018, 11:35:51 »

The only people I'd imagine who are happy about demise of the spare wheel I'd imagine are companies like the AA and RAC, who I believe now have dedicated tyre vans.
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #25 on: 14 January 2018, 11:46:52 »

Imagine if the car in question is owned by an obese lard-arsed burger-munching American.

America isn’t yet burdened by EU regulations.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14 January 2018, 11:56:02 »

......in that case think of the extra weight TB would add to his Jaaaaaaaaaag. :)

STEMO

« Reply #27 on: 14 January 2018, 12:06:48 »

......in that case think of the extra weight TB would add to his Jaaaaaaaaaag. :)
I hooked you right into that  ;D

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14 January 2018, 20:01:20 »

Learn something new every day :y

Its a stupid, wanky idea though.

No, not a bad idea really.  Not only for space saving reasons, but I'm sure people get the full sized tyre fixed quicker to avoid going round on the space saver for too long.  ;)

Before the days of space savers, I wonder how many people had a punctured tyre in the boot that they hadn't got round to fixing.  ::)

If you've a boot full of luggage before the puncture,where does the beastly flat full size wheel live after the spare is fitted >:( ::)
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

STEMO

« Reply #29 on: 14 January 2018, 20:08:06 »

Learn something new every day :y

Its a stupid, wanky idea though.

No, not a bad idea really.  Not only for space saving reasons, but I'm sure people get the full sized tyre fixed quicker to avoid going round on the space saver for too long.  ;)

Before the days of space savers, I wonder how many people had a punctured tyre in the boot that they hadn't got round to fixing.  ::)

If you've a boot full of luggage before the puncture,where does the beastly flat full size wheel live after the spare is fitted >:( ::)
That’s when the Mrs finds out how much you really love her.  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.