Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Utter madness  (Read 3275 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Utter madness
« on: 23 January 2018, 07:51:03 »

Manchester United have now got their latest player,reportedly they're paying him £14m a year after taxes :o That's got to be totally insane,no-one and I mean no-one is worth paying that much!The player says it's not about the money but that he's always wanted to play for them,so why didn't they offer him £300 a week and call it done? ::)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: Utter madness
« Reply #1 on: 23 January 2018, 07:51:47 »

I bet he's still not as good as Ronaldo....

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 January 2018, 08:53:53 »

Or as good looking  ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 January 2018, 09:51:01 »

Man U play Yeovil Town in the FA Cup this Friday evening. Depending who they decide to play, any one of their starting 11 will be valued higher than the whole YTFC club including all the players.

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 23 January 2018, 10:14:58 »

Manchester United have now got their latest player,reportedly they're paying him £14m a year after taxes :o That's got to be totally insane,no-one and I mean no-one is worth paying that much!The player says it's not about the money but that he's always wanted to play for them,so why didn't they offer him £300 a week and call it done? ::)
Another way of looking at it: He’s reputedly on £500,000 a week, making £26,000,000 a year, so the exchequer must be getting £12 million.
Bloody foreigners coming over here and putting £12,000,000 into the tax system. >:(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 January 2018, 11:41:30 »

Another way of looking at it: He’s reputedly on £500,000 a week, making £26,000,000 a year, so the exchequer must be getting £12 million.
Bloody foreigners coming over here and putting £12,000,000 into the tax system. >:(

According to google the PM earns £150,402 each year.

So, to put this in perspective, we have a kid earning more than 3 times that amount  EACH WEEK for kicking a ball around on a muddy piece of grass for 90 minutes. :(

As for tax, I doubt he will pay much. Smart accountants will see to that.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 January 2018, 12:21:39 »

Its called market forces. A very imperfect system, but the alternative is much much worse.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 January 2018, 12:32:12 »

I find the earnings of Premier League players utterly obscene, however the money must come from somewhere, and obviously somehwere down the line there must be some kind of value that can be turned into the cash for this to happen. I don't subscribe to any sports channels, don't go to matches, don't buy the merchandise or whatever, but enough people do do these things for the money to be there.

I have a much bigger problem with BBC salaries  >:(  but that's a slightly diferrent issue as a TV licence is pretty much compulsory, public money. I just don't see how any TV presenter can be worth £400 K or more a year

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 January 2018, 12:45:00 »

I blame Sky, simples ............. >:(

STEMO

« Reply #9 on: 23 January 2018, 12:49:08 »

I blame Sky customers, simples ............. >:(
Fixed.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 January 2018, 12:53:52 »

Its called market forces. A very imperfect system, but the alternative is much much worse.

Is this another way of saying he is 'worth every penny'?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 January 2018, 12:55:29 »

I find the earnings of Premier League players utterly obscene, however the money must come from somewhere, and obviously somehwere down the line there must be some kind of value that can be turned into the cash for this to happen. I don't subscribe to any sports channels, don't go to matches, don't buy the merchandise or whatever, but enough people do do these things for the money to be there.

I have a much bigger problem with BBC salaries  >:(  but that's a slightly diferrent issue as a TV licence is pretty much compulsory, public money. I just don't see how any TV presenter can be worth £400 K or more a year

They can't.

Just a few days pay for the new boy at Man U though. :(

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 January 2018, 13:14:35 »

He must be worth every penny to his team. He isn't worth tuppence to me, as I have no interest in football.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 23 January 2018, 13:19:48 »

He must be worth every penny to his team. He isn't worth tuppence to me, as I have no interest in football.
And that’s fair enough, Albs. You don’t subscribe to a sports channel or buy shirts so he costs you nowt.
Opti doesn’t subscribe, either, but you’d think the whole fee was coming out of his pocket. ;D

2boxerdogs

« Reply #14 on: 23 January 2018, 13:29:02 »

Think most footballers are overpaid posers, but having said that if the clubs are stupid enough to pay that money good luck to the individual.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.