Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Utter madness  (Read 3276 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Utter madness
« Reply #15 on: 23 January 2018, 13:30:40 »

Its called market forces. A very imperfect system, but the alternative is much much worse.

Is this another way of saying he is 'worth every penny'?

He must be worth every penny to his team. He isn't worth tuppence to me, as I have no interest in football.
And that’s fair enough, Albs. You don’t subscribe to a sports channel or buy shirts so he costs you nowt.
Opti doesn’t subscribe, either,
but you’d think the whole fee was coming out of his pocket. ;D

Presumably the BBC pay the Premier League for the rights to play match highlights on MOTD and the news etc, so we all contribute to these crazy salaries via the TV Tax.  :-\

Not something I can get worked up about though.  ::)  :P
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 January 2018, 13:35:31 »

Its called market forces. A very imperfect system, but the alternative is much much worse.

He must be worth every penny to his team. He isn't worth tuppence to me, as I have no interest in football.
And that’s fair enough, Albs. You don’t subscribe to a sports channel or buy shirts so he costs you nowt.
Opti doesn’t subscribe, either, but you’d think the whole fee was coming out of his pocket. ;D
[/quote

Well.......his pay is equal to roughly 1300 nurses. However, his value to society and his productivity to the UK is SFA. Same as any overpaid footballer, tennis player, F1 driver, golfer....etc...etc. These are not real jobs.

When Russia invades who will the country need most? Doctors, nurses, teachers, engineers, the army, the navy.............or a little lad who kicks a ball around for a ridiculous amount of money. :) 

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 January 2018, 13:40:50 »

Well.......his pay is equal to roughly 1300 nurses. However, his value to society and his productivity to the UK is SFA. Same as any overpaid footballer, tennis player, F1 driver, golfer....etc...etc. These are not real jobs.

You say that, but these people give the masses a lot of pleasure and entertainment, so to say that their value to society is SFA isn't right IMO.  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 January 2018, 14:06:15 »

You say that, but these people give the masses a lot of pleasure and entertainment, so to say that their value to society is SFA isn't right IMO.  :)

Ninety minutes once a week (if playing well) ;)

'Value to society' is based on how the country will cope if certain elements are removed. Take away doctors, nurses, teachers, the police. etc...etc... and society will implode. Take away footballers and F1 drivers and the country will function just fine. :)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 January 2018, 14:11:53 »

I find the earnings of Premier League players utterly obscene, however the money must come from somewhere, and obviously somehwere down the line there must be some kind of value that can be turned into the cash for this to happen. I don't subscribe to any sports channels, don't go to matches, don't buy the merchandise or whatever, but enough people do do these things for the money to be there.

I have a much bigger problem with BBC salaries  >:(  but that's a slightly diferrent issue as a TV licence is pretty much compulsory, public money. I just don't see how any TV presenter can be worth £400 K or more a year

Just watched BBC news at One and watched Norman Smith doing a report on something or other. What a cringeworthy performance that was, turned it over until he finished. Probably trying to be the next Peston. Right bunch of drama Queens.  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #20 on: 23 January 2018, 14:50:19 »

Opti doesn’t subscribe, either, but you’d think the whole fee was coming out of his pocket. ;D
[/quote

When Russia invades who will the country need most? Doctors, nurses, teachers, engineers, the army, the navy.............or a little lad who kicks a ball around for a ridiculous amount of money. :)
Yes, you’re right, Outraged of Lincolnshire, but WTF has that got to do with you anything?  ;D
There are sports stars in a America earning much more. Vloggers on YouTube can earn millions of dollars a year. Get over it.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 January 2018, 15:02:06 »

[/quote

Yes, you’re right, Outraged of Lincolnshire, but WTF has that got to do with you anything?  ;D
There are sports stars in a America earning much more. Vloggers on YouTube can earn millions of dollars a year. Get over it.

I was never under it. :)

Hopefully TB's cull list will weed out the highly paid 'unproductives' :)

STEMO

« Reply #22 on: 23 January 2018, 15:06:45 »

Oh dear....there goes half the country.  :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23 January 2018, 15:18:40 »

They do contribute a lot to the UK. The premiership attracts a lot of money from Russia, Arabs, U.S. etc into the economy which helps pay for nurses, defence etc.
Iirc all but one F1 team is based here and the motor racing industry as a whole generates £billions for the UK economy.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 23 January 2018, 15:52:53 »

They do contribute a lot to the UK. The premiership attracts a lot of money from Russia, Arabs, U.S. etc into the economy which helps pay for nurses, defence etc.
Iirc all but one F1 team is based here and the motor racing industry as a whole generates £billions for the UK economy.  ;)

Ah yes.....good old Saudi. We've been paying bribes to this wholly corrupt Kingdom for decades. ;D
......and as for Russia. I'm sure no corruption is involved. ;D

STEMO

« Reply #25 on: 23 January 2018, 17:24:26 »

Ah yes.....good old Saudi. We've been paying bribes to this wholly corrupt Kingdom for decades. ;D
......and as for Russia. I'm sure no corruption is involved. ;D
It’s never mattered to the British government, we’ve been doing dodgy deals for centuries. Anything that brings the money in is ok with HMG. We corruptly stripped the commonwealth of most of it’s assets during our empire days, it’s only right that we should end up as a poverty stricken little island.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23 January 2018, 17:44:50 »

Hopefully TB's cull list will weed out the highly paid 'unproductives' :)

You are starting to sound like Pol Pot!  :o   ::)   :P

Maybe rather than culling such folk we could send them for re-education, so that they become productive members of society?  :-\

Teach them how to harvest cabbages, drive a tractor or weave cloth or something?  ::)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23 January 2018, 19:28:08 »

Man Utd were the top football club in the global income league in 2015-16 season with a turnover of £515.3m, so they can afford this loose change. :y :y :y

To stay at the top they have to keeping investing in the top talented players to keep winning and the £££s rolling in. The same applies in all sports. :y :y :y

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38655480
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 26 January 2018, 03:39:20 »

I find the earnings of Premier League players utterly obscene, however the money must come from somewhere, and obviously somehwere down the line there must be some kind of value that can be turned into the cash for this to happen. I don't subscribe to any sports channels, don't go to matches, don't buy the merchandise or whatever, but enough people do do these things for the money to be there.

I have a much bigger problem with BBC salaries  >:(  but that's a slightly diferrent issue as a TV licence is pretty much compulsory, public money. I just don't see how any TV presenter can be worth £400 K or more a year

Bloody hell, it's worse than I thought . . . . Just how is jeremy Vine worth £700k ? and don't get me started on Chris Evans   >:(  irritating little s***t

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42827333

>:(

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 26 January 2018, 07:48:41 »

The BBC- which is always complaining about a lack of finds - doesn't need to operate under normal commercial conditions at all.
It is funded by a tax, which we are forced to pay, with the threat of imprisonment if we fail to comply.
Its morally wrong and archaic. One of the good aspects of the march of digital technology, is that it is going to become impossible at some point to sustain this system.
Sooner the better.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.