Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 8000 Houses!  (Read 7588 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: 8000 Houses!
« Reply #60 on: 31 January 2018, 11:02:21 »

I used to live and work in London.  One day I was approached on Charing Cross Station by a smart young fella in his mid twenties wearing a suit etc and he appeared to be in a bit of a panic and explained that he'd lost his wallet which had his season ticket in it and he had to get home quickly as he'd had a phone call that his kid had been taken into hospital.  I gave him a fiver and wished him luck.  ::)

A couple of weeks later I was approached on Waterloo Station by a smart young fella in his mid twenties wearing a suit etc.... You guessed it! It was the same guy!  ::)  This time I gave him a bit of a mouthful and he just laughed and quickly disappeared into the crowds!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 31 January 2018, 11:17:24 »

I used to live and work in London.  One day I was approached on Charing Cross Station by a smart young fella in his mid twenties wearing a suit etc and he appeared to be in a bit of a panic and explained that he'd lost his wallet which had his season ticket in it and he had to get home quickly as he'd had a phone call that his kid had been taken into hospital.  I gave him a fiver and wished him luck.  ::)

A couple of weeks later I was approached on Waterloo Station by a smart young fella in his mid twenties wearing a suit etc.... You guessed it! It was the same guy!  ::)  This time I gave him a bit of a mouthful and he just laughed and quickly disappeared into the crowds!  ::)

Yep. I've fallen for that one. Not for £5 though

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 31 January 2018, 11:33:37 »

In normal times I would completely agree, but......Brexit, Trump, Corbyn actually being elected as leader and turning Labour into Europes biggest political party, all say we are sailing in uncharted waters where anything can happen.  :-\
OK.....let me put it another way. If he gets elected, then we deserve everything we get.

It could be prevented if instead of all this moronic talk of allowing 16 year olds the vote !! we had a law whereby no-one could vote until they had contributed at least 5 years of income tax into the system.
If theres no taxation without representation, then there should also be no representation without taxation. :)

Unfortunately that is much too like common sense to be considered by our 'illustrious' leaders. >:(

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 31 January 2018, 11:59:46 »

Yep. I've fallen for that one. Not for £5 though

I was a young 'City Boy' at the time and probably had too many fivers floating around!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 31 January 2018, 12:32:03 »

They are legion, Mister Rog, which is why I find it hard to believe Lizzie's data.
On those occasions when I venture amongst the great unwashed - on buses, for example - I see many "pramfaces" with one or two kids and maybe another up the spout, no ring and no sign of a bloke in attendance. As you might expect with no father to exercise discipline, they are the most unruly, disruptive and ill-mannered sprogs you could have the misfortune to be near.  >:(

Ron.

This is the Data Ron that includes the "under 18" statistics, under "1. Main Points", first bullet point.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/conceptionandfertilityrates/bulletins/conceptionstatistics/2015

.....and just one reason why it has happened according to this report in the Daily Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/12189376/How-teenage-pregnancy-collapsed-after-birth-of-social-media.html

Certainly it is known that amoungst young women now there is a feeling that being pregnant at their ages is no longer cool.

But, as DG would say, never let the truth ruin a good story! ;)
« Last Edit: 31 January 2018, 12:36:00 by Lizzie Zoom »

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 31 January 2018, 12:51:43 »

A very common benefits scam is for a girl to go and look at a house to rent posing as a single Mum.  The Landlord/Agency rents her the the house and then of course the (often working) boyfriend moves in as well, but because everything is in her name, she claims housing benefit etc etc

Sometimes they turn up together bold as brass and are shamelessly open about their plan!  :o  ::)

My wife worked for a housing association for some years, and this was quite a common scam. Unfortunately, human rights, data protection, lack of resources, etc. etc. meant that they got away with it most of the time, even though the Association Managers knew it went on. >:( >:( >:(
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.