Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New iJag  (Read 2865 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
New iJag
« on: 03 March 2018, 16:29:25 »

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/2018-jaguar-i-pace-revealed-395bhp-and-298-mile-range-for-pivotal-ev/ar-BBJKY1i?li=AA9SkIr&ocid=spartanntp

Once the charging availability and the price has come down about 40k , I would have one. I would change my user Id to iVarche ;D ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: New iJag
« Reply #1 on: 03 March 2018, 16:36:49 »

Quite an attractive car.

Dump the PP9's and drop a V8 in it. :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 March 2018, 16:38:55 »

£69995.....and no engine. :o :o :o

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 March 2018, 16:49:57 »

Brilliant for sitting in a snow jam for 15 hours!

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 March 2018, 17:58:35 »

At least you won't die from carbon monoxide poisoning when you stuff it into a snow bank ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 March 2018, 18:07:54 »

At least you won't die from carbon monoxide poisoning when you stuff it into a snow bank ::)
Better way to go than freezing to death :P
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 March 2018, 18:15:22 »

Quite possibly, but I am sure the remaining polar bear will appreciate the difference  :P

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 March 2018, 18:21:01 »

Quite possibly, but I am sure the remaining polar bear will appreciate the difference  :P
Last time I looked, Peter Polarbear was still miffed about all those power stations generating all that electricity, and even Peter Polarbear knows "renewables" is a load of wank
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 March 2018, 18:32:53 »

We digress slightly  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 March 2018, 18:34:43 »

We digress slightly  ;D
Oops, yes, the power of OOF ;D

Sorry OP  :-[
Grumpy old man

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 March 2018, 01:08:35 »

Value for money: 1/10 as traditional milk floats were much cheaper. Boot size: 1/10 as a traditional milk float as this will not hold all the the milk, butter and eggs for a full round. Practically: 1/10 as the doors will get in the way of hopping in and out to deliver the milk, butter and eggs. :-[ :-[ :-[

Society has totally gone off the rails where sensible people are allured to tractor fuel which obviously it doesn't work in cars as they are not tractors. Even worse they then decide to mimic milk floats, great for a 10 mile milk round but they then fit them to cars and expect 300 mile range and 10 minutes service stop for another 300 miles and this doesn't work either. :o :o :o And then it hit me why don't we all drive petrol cars that have none of these problems? :y :y :y 3, 4, 5 and 6 cylinders are obviously for wosses so only V8s, V12s and V16s will only suffice. :) :) :) If you can't afford one of these or cope with pedal to the metal performance, then you must be banned from the roads. :y :y :y :y

Here ends Rod's TB's & Ron's political manifesto. 8) 8) 8)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 March 2018, 02:46:55 »

Hmm,

I speccd one up to tesla model s standards, albeit the jaaag is slower than a 75d. With slightly less kit, the jag is £12k more, or £200 pcm more on pcp.

Given JLR’s legendary reliability, plus technology that’s new to them, I think I’ll pass.
But, given people of the UK have a massive hard on for all things JLR, I’m sure they won’t be able to build them fast enough.  ::)

2boxerdogs

« Reply #12 on: 04 March 2018, 08:13:07 »

Value for money: 1/10 as traditional milk floats were much cheaper. Boot size: 1/10 as a traditional milk float as this will not hold all the the milk, butter and eggs for a full round. Practically: 1/10 as the doors will get in the way of hopping in and out to deliver the milk, butter and eggs. :-[ :-[ :-[

Society has totally gone off the rails where sensible people are allured to tractor fuel which obviously it doesn't work in cars as they are not tractors. Even worse they then decide to mimic milk floats, great for a 10 mile milk round but they then fit them to cars and expect 300 mile range and 10 minutes service stop for another 300 miles and this doesn't work either. :o :o :o And then it hit me why don't we all drive petrol cars that have none of these problems? :y :y :y 3, 4, 5 and 6 cylinders are obviously for wosses so only V8s, V12s and V16s will only suffice. :) :) :) If you can't afford one of these or cope with pedal to the metal performance, then you must be banned from the roads. :y :y :y :y

Here ends Rod's TB's & Ron's political manifesto. 8) 8) 8)

Sounds good to me !

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04 March 2018, 10:05:56 »

Given JLR’s legendary reliability, plus technology that’s new to them, I think I’ll pass.
Since being deshackled from BL, BMW and then PAG (Ford), the reliability is pretty good.  But a poor reputation is hard to shake - ask Skoda or even owners of our beloved Omegas ;).  Ironic that the Indians have managed to get it on track ;D

But, given people of the UK have a massive hard on for all things JLR, I’m sure they won’t be able to build them fast enough.  ::)
I don't think the UK is the biggest market, or the most profitable...   ...but what you are saying is you don't want to see a Jaaaagggg section here on OOF?
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04 March 2018, 10:22:59 »

I speccd one up to tesla model s standards, albeit the jaaag is slower than a 75d. With slightly less kit, the jag is £12k more, or £200 pcm more on pcp.
I think currently, the Tesla is the most viable of the milk floats when it comes to range, but nowhere near viable enough to leave the town/city.

Some of our guys signed up for them (we often invite EV dealers to our campus), but most have had to replace (or use for weekend fun) when that site closed, and moved about 20 miles away, as the new site invariably means public carparks with limited/no charging facilities (not that the old site had any, but seems the extra 40 mile round trip was too much for some).

They all said they averaged about 120 miles from full charge, less in winter, bit more in summer. Those who drive like me were consistently getting under 100m

I frequently have to go to other sites that are more than 100m away, any even more that are more than 50m away and no charging facilities. I suspect I'm not unusual in that regard.

Add into that, I have 2 relatives that are looking into EV design, one is a designer, the other a endurance/crash type tester, and a little marketed fact is if you frequently use more that half of the capacity, or frequently fast charge, you massively shorten the battery capacity...   ...and unlikely this will be covered by warranty (check Nissan's different costs for battery rental).

Society has moved away from the days where we worked on our doorsteps, and many companies are beginning to see more productivity from home workers, so I think pure plug in battery EV solutions cannot become mainstream. Onboard generators, such as hydrogen, probably are a better future.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.