Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: New astra report  (Read 3159 times)

STEMO

New astra report
« on: 15 March 2018, 19:17:29 »

So....had it ten days now. Time to do a review:

It's exactly the same as the astra H and J. Thank you.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: New astra report
« Reply #1 on: 15 March 2018, 19:35:05 »

That's what we like :y A proper in depth analysis :D :D ;D ;D ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 March 2018, 19:35:16 »

Surely a bit bigger than the Astra-H, which was a bit puny inside...
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 15 March 2018, 19:45:59 »

Can't say it seems much bigger, maybe my memory is failing. It's nothing special on the driving front, despite the all new lightweight chassis. Then again, I'm not a motoring journalist, so I don't look for odd bends and uneven road surfaces. In fact, I avoid them, so what do I know?  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 March 2018, 20:22:12 »

Can't say it seems much bigger, maybe my memory is failing. It's nothing special on the driving front, despite the all new lightweight chassis. Then again, I'm not a motoring journalist, so I don't look for odd bends and uneven road surfaces. In fact, I avoid them, so what do I know;D

You couldn't be less enthused if you were talking about your new fridge or other white goods. ;D

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 15 March 2018, 20:24:37 »

Can't say it seems much bigger, maybe my memory is failing. It's nothing special on the driving front, despite the all new lightweight chassis. Then again, I'm not a motoring journalist, so I don't look for odd bends and uneven road surfaces. In fact, I avoid them, so what do I know;D

You couldn't be less enthused if you were talking about your new fridge or other white goods. ;D
What's to get enthused about?  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 March 2018, 23:09:09 »

Can't say it seems much bigger, maybe my memory is failing. It's nothing special on the driving front, despite the all new lightweight chassis. Then again, I'm not a motoring journalist, so I don't look for odd bends and uneven road surfaces. In fact, I avoid them, so what do I know?  ;D

I expect driving your fridge/freezer or washing machine down the road would be more fun than an Astra!  ::)  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 March 2018, 08:33:21 »

You don't drive them hard enough, its a hell of a lot lighter than the J  :y ;D :D

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 March 2018, 09:07:29 »

I've barely driven one of the new Astra's and my review would be better.

I don't like them and the current trend of cars in general. Specifically, the glass now starts at head height so visability is shocking. Also the 3ft dashboard, WTF is that about? I presume there is an engine and a bonnet out there somewhere??? I'm not sure, you need to get out of the car to see the front end. Also the lovely 'smash and grab' triangle front side windows, yes the dash is that big, it needs it's own side window. Oddly, these are just about the right size to smash, stick your arm through and steal a phone/sat nav.

How can this be called 'progress' and safety improvements? They are more likely to cause an accident, however when that accident happens, people will be less hurt. If you can see around the car in the first place, we'd have avoided the accident.[/rant]
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

STEMO

« Reply #9 on: 16 March 2018, 11:28:43 »

You don't drive them hard enough, its a hell of a lot lighter than the J  :y ;D :D
It's a diesel auto, Mark, not really made to be 'driven'. The boss loves it, and that's all that matters in the long run. Most people these days haven't driven anything other than a modern eurobox so, if it's red and looks stylish and has lots of electronic toys, they think it's the dogs.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 March 2018, 12:00:32 »

It's a diesel auto, Mark, not really made to be 'driven'. The boss loves it, and that's all that matters in the long run. Most people these days haven't driven anything other than a modern eurobox so, if it's red and looks stylish and has lots of electronic toys, they think it's the dogs.

I'll lend you my Jag for a week. This should cure your apathy and also 'unblock' your adrenal glands. :)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 March 2018, 12:05:16 »

I'll lend you my Jag for a week. This should cure your apathy and also 'unblock' your adrenal glands. :)

Sounds messy to me. :-\
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16 March 2018, 12:07:24 »

Possibly.....too much adrenaline may lead to too much of other bodily functions. Like you say, could be messy. :)

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 16 March 2018, 12:16:40 »

Possibly.....too much adrenaline may lead to too much of other bodily functions. Like you say, could be messy. :)
And smelly  ;D

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 16 March 2018, 12:21:15 »

And smelly  ;D

Take the blanket off the wet dog and smell will be hidden.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

STEMO

« Reply #15 on: 16 March 2018, 18:48:00 »

Had a look at the computer after a week of wifey driving to Sheffield and back, ~50mpg, so about the same as her frenchie.

relluf

« Reply #16 on: 16 March 2018, 18:54:07 »

And smelly  ;D

The dog doesn't get wet it wears a coat!!

STEMO

« Reply #17 on: 16 March 2018, 18:55:35 »

And smelly  ;D

The dog doesn't get wet it wears a coat!!
Someone is paying attention  :y
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.