Chat Area > General Car Chat

Onstar

(1/4) > >>

Pmacca2000:
I recently tried onstar and it’s been really good for navigating and remote diagnostics etc, so today I asked for a traffic update thinking that the navigation system can warn you of traffic holdups etc so it shouldn’t be a problem.
I was surprised onstar can’t  do that as they don’t want to mislead customers, have they heard a  local radio travel report and what happened to traffic master?

zirk:

--- Quote from: Pmacca2000 on 18 March 2018, 21:29:31 ---I recently tried onstar and it’s been really good for navigating and remote diagnostics etc, so today I asked for a traffic update thinking that the navigation system can warn you of traffic holdups etc so it shouldn’t be a problem.
I was surprised onstar can’t  do that as they don’t want to mislead customers, have they heard a  local radio travel report and what happened to traffic master?

--- End quote ---

Still going in its Original Format and as a Value Added Service to other Operators but they switched Off the Vauxhall and Other TM Button Service a few years back, shame as it was a really handy Local Service.

Dr_Syn:
I was about to reply that I was also curious.  I used to subscribe to trafficmaster during my first round of Omega ownership in 2002.  Now I have one again I was wondering about seeing if I could subscribe again but I was unsure if Trafficmaster still existed.  In a way it's a shame the service has been retired, but I'm not in the least bit surprised, it will have to join the casette player as another bit of obsoloete kit in my car  ;D

STEMO:
Just use google maps, you'd be surprised how far it's come. I was travelling into Leeds a couple of weeks ago and google maps informed me that there was a delay of six minutes on my route and would I like to accept the alternative route. Pressed accept and it immediately knocked six minutes off my arrival time. Not bad for free.

Dr_Syn:

--- Quote from: STEMO on 18 March 2018, 21:59:03 ---Just use google maps, you'd be surprised how far it's come. I was travelling into Leeds a couple of weeks ago and google maps informed me that there was a delay of six minutes on my route and would I like to accept the alternative route. Pressed accept and it immediately knocked six minutes off my arrival time. Not bad for free.

--- End quote ---

I used to like using Waze which was an excellent free and interactive sat nav app.  I had to stop using it though as it became crash-tastic after an update and never got better.  Google maps is a good alternative though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version