Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electrical 'funnies' - is it the snow?  (Read 836 times)

Ant - Petrol Blue Thirty Two

• St. Ives, Cornwall
    • 2002 Elite Saloon 3.2
    • View Profile
Electrical 'funnies' - is it the snow?
« on: 23 March 2018, 13:15:04 »

Hi to all - any views on this? - 2002 - 3.2 - 90k - The car was covered in snow for two times in the last two weeks and the car was unused and the snow slowly melted off itself.  Since then the courtesy light stays on whilst driving - the 'left your keys in the ignition' buzzer now gives a high pitch shriek - the rear park sensors have a 'strangled' noise.  My central locking only worked historically on all but drivers door but now when unlocking the car remotely and then using the key to open the drivers door, all three other doors re-lock.  There isn't a battery problem (I don't think) - it is the max amps and cca that can be got for the 3.2 and is a recent purchase.  Can only think damp from the snow covered car for a few days - has anyone experienced similar and does it need a week in the sahara a quick fix?  Thanks in advance.  Ant     

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Electrical 'funnies' - is it the snow?
« Reply #1 on: 23 March 2018, 14:09:04 »

Had this problem with a couple of mine. When wet, central locking played up, when dry....perfect. Rear sensors screeched a bit also. I just put it down to damp !!! :y
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.