Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

rear windows - manual to electric

(1/3) > >>

ChrisPee:
As I've fitted Elite seats / door cards to my poverty spec Select, I now need to fit electric rear motors (I'm not just upgrading the interior for vanity reasons, the interior was already mismatched and filthy and damaged, so I had to, so why not go the whole hog) I'm pretty sure it'll be straight forward with all the necessary wiring to hand too.

Probably a stupid question, but I just wondered where the operating switches go?  :-[

Doctor Gollum:
Depends whether the new interior is from the same age car or not...

MonzaGSE:
Pretty straightforward. You obviously need the electric mechanisms and wiring loom for the rear doors.  Wiring should be in place upto the connector in the b pillar. If you have front only electric now then just change the centre console switches for the four Windows version, change the wiring loom in the rear doors, drill out the manual mechanisms and pop rivet in the new mechanisms. Switches go in the door handle part on the pfl omega. Should be a blind there that just pops out. On the fl the switch sits on the «shelf» on the rear door cards i believe.

ChrisPee:
Ah Thanks Monza, I have the loom sections from the doors, just need rear switches. I won't bother with the dual switch units for the centre console, but thanks for the helpful advice. 98 interior into 97 car should go then?

Doctor Gollum:
It will :y

If you have the window loom present at the b post, then you should have the wiring at the centre console switches ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version