Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hot in TB Towers  (Read 2020 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Hot in TB Towers
« on: 27 June 2018, 18:19:51 »

Apologies for the intermittent nature of the site, particularly Monday PM.  The temps in TB Towers exceeded 46C, which is the critical ambient temp the physical server just shuts down.

The virtual servers should have then automatically boot up on another hypervisor, but for an unknown reason didn't this time  :-\

I was in the land of the webbed feet, and under the influence of applejuice, so took a while to reliably get everything running on an alternative physical server.
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Hot in TB Towers
« Reply #1 on: 27 June 2018, 18:26:33 »

well done that man.

A year and 16 days ago , it was 46 C here in the shade outside. I hope never to experience that again. :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 June 2018, 22:28:14 »

Apologies for the intermittent nature of the site, particularly Monday PM.  The temps in TB Towers exceeded 46C, which is the critical ambient temp the physical server just shuts down.

Yikes! What kit have you got running there to get that wam?!

The diesel genny in the car park at work struck up today (size of a Luton van so you hear her when she clears her throat :o). Apparently it was the cooling requirement of our HP super domes was the cause, but that’s second hand tittle tattle  ::).
« Last Edit: 27 June 2018, 22:33:55 by jimmy944 »

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 June 2018, 22:29:57 »

That is totally like Chinese to me... but please try harder... maybe an ice bucket and fan !!!
Just saying lmao
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 June 2018, 11:20:26 »

Quite cool compared to parts of TB Towers in the past. ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 June 2018, 20:55:23 »

Was shut up when I was in Lazydocker territory, and all the equipment sson heated it up.

The diesel genny in the car park at work struck up today (size of a Luton van so you hear her when she clears her throat :o). Apparently it was the cooling requirement of our HP super domes was the cause, but that’s second hand tittle tattle  ::).
Imagine container sized generators. Then imagine 8 of them in a line.  That's what we use to keep the "comms rooms" ::) powered at the site I'm based at when the leccy goes off...

...allegedly it could power the entire town at full capacity, though they are never intended to all run at the same time.

Incidentally, in a professional capacity, I have seen multiple racks of (old) servers report an air intake temp of over 90C, before the guys managed to kill the power to them :o
Grumpy old man

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 June 2018, 07:47:25 »

Was shut up when I was in Lazydocker territory, and all the equipment sson heated it up.

Imagine container sized generators. Then imagine 8 of them in a line.  That's what we use to keep the "comms rooms" ::) powered at the site I'm based at when the leccy goes off...

...allegedly it could power the entire town at full capacity, though they are never intended to all run at the same time.

Incidentally, in a professional capacity, I have seen multiple racks of (old) servers report an air intake temp of over 90C, before the guys managed to kill the power to them :o

Now imagine Gensets the size of 40ft trucks.....and 12 of them, that's what has gone into my latest boat!

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 June 2018, 09:03:03 »

Wish I’d known you were up here... Might need some Tech 2 doing ::)

Worse still... If you’d told be I was off Monday - Wednesday... We could have had a curry!
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 June 2018, 16:58:18 »

Worse still... If you’d told be I was off Monday - Wednesday... We could have had a curry!
I ended up down at the Waterfront, in a bit of a mucking fuddle.  I needed to consume copious amounts of refreshing Applejuices - Aspalls IIRC, but could be wrong - due to the heat Monday evening.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 June 2018, 19:12:51 »

Im fed up with the heat now. Not a drop of rain for six weeks, north of 25 degrees every day, and were not even in July yet.
If I want this kind of weather I will go to Johnny foreigner land for a week or two and then come home when Ive had enough of it.
Were not really built for it. 
If we are going to rerun the summer of 76, can I please go back to being a 16 year old with really long hair and no problems pulling pretty girls ?  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 June 2018, 19:22:59 »

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 June 2018, 21:25:35 »

Hot is never too hot for me, it is cold weather I can't stand, so the longer it stays like this the better, until at least 2048AD sounds like a good plan. :y A few years ago, while on holiday I was building an extension at the MILs when daily temperatures were up to 30-36oC in the shade and about 42oC in the sun, all I needed was regular top ups with factor 30 and about 2-4 liters of water to consume to replace the sweat. :y It was like being in a sauna for a week and a great detox. :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 30 June 2018, 10:18:03 »

I ended up down at the Waterfront, in a bit of a mucking fuddle.  I needed to consume copious amounts of refreshing Applejuices - Aspalls IIRC, but could be wrong - due to the heat Monday evening.

That seems to happen a lot at the Waterfront  :D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.