Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump Rocking Theresa's Boat  (Read 5050 times)

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
Trump Rocking Theresa's Boat
« on: 13 July 2018, 08:28:53 »

Only media reports . . .

but seems like Donald has ruffled our PM's feathers by dissing her Brexit formula   :D :D

London mayor taken a verbal bashing on crime  from Donald as well it seems  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 13 July 2018, 08:31:16 by Alnico Blue »
British made Celestion Alnico Blue = best sounding guitar speaker ever, sadly now made in China

RossPhim

• Morayshire, Scotland
  • The blue oval now-a-days!?!
    • 2.2 TDCi TXS
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Rocking Theresa's Boat
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2018, 09:58:22 »

He's not one to mince his words is he!  ;D

I quite like the fella, as he's pretty much doing what he said he would.  :y

Whether he's good news for the USA or the rest of the world for that matter awaits to be seen!  ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2018, 10:19:51 »

Yes....if the 'limp dick' version of Brexit happens then no trade deal with the U.S.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2018, 10:29:03 »

Yes....if the 'limp dick' version of Brexit happens then no trade deal with the U.S.

Are you looking forward then to cheap out of date Chicken washed in Chlorine or beef reared to poorer European standards?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2018, 11:11:52 »

Are you looking forward then to cheap out of date Chicken washed in Chlorine or beef reared to poorer European standards?
You don't have to buy it, other chickens are available.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 July 2018, 11:53:17 »

You missed the operative word "cheap". Opti will have free range capons freshly butchered from his estate.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 13 July 2018, 12:24:44 »

You missed the operative word "cheap". Opti will have free range capons freshly butchered from his estate.
Chicken is cheap full stop. Going back to when I was a lad, it was a Sunday roast, now chicken, beef and pork are everyday meats. Lamb is still quite expensive, I paid over £10 for half a leg last time I bought it.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 July 2018, 12:41:34 »

Chicken used to be a treat for the middle class and an 'aspiration only' for the working class.

Now chicken is for everybody. About £3-£4 for a medium sized bird.

I recently found out that the staple diet of the poor in London during the Victorian period was oysters. It came as a surprise to me.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 July 2018, 13:31:39 »

Chicken used to be a treat for the middle class and an 'aspiration only' for the working class.

I recently found out that the staple diet of the poor in London during the Victorian period was oysters
. It came as a surprise to me.

4 to 7.50 euros here. Supermarkets in the countryside cannot get away with selling the mass produced tasteless rubbish.

Fish too used to be cheap source of protein for the working class.  My dad won't eat anything that sifts sewage for a living. Seems reasonable :o

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 July 2018, 15:19:14 »

I recently found out that the staple diet of the poor in London during the Victorian period was oysters. It came as a surprise to me.

and salmon, there was a legal limit how many times a week the workers could be few cheap salmon,

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 July 2018, 15:24:17 »

I recently found out that the staple diet of the poor in London during the Victorian period was oysters

4 to 7.50 euros here. Supermarkets in the countryside cannot get away with selling the mass produced tasteless rubbish.

Fish too used to be cheap source of protein for the working class. My dad won't eat anything that sifts sewage for a living. Seems reasonable :o

.................and Eel pie became part of the staple East, and South East London diet during the early Victorian period, with hundreds of "pie men" walking the streets whilst plying their trade.  Pie n' mash shops gradually took over from the 1850's.

Eel was popular because it came out of the Thames that was by then highly polluted with little in the way of fish surviving, but the eel did!  Like oysters, they were readily available and cheap.  The Victorian poor though generally, in and outside London, relied heavily on bread and potatoes, with cheese when they could afford it.  It was not until the late 1800's that due to the food 'necessities' becoming about 30% cheaper, that the poor started to have a better and wider diet, with meat included.  But, if you had no money, no job, and in those days no welfare state to help you, you would go days without any food apart from that scrounged or stolen.. Hard times indeed!
« Last Edit: 13 July 2018, 15:25:48 by Lizzie Zoom »

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 July 2018, 15:40:52 »

Fish too used to be cheap source of protein for the working class. My dad won't eat anything that sifts sewage for a living. Seems reasonable :o

.................and Eel pie became part of the staple East, and South East London diet during the early Victorian period, with hundreds of "pie men" walking the streets whilst plying their trade.  Pie n' mash shops gradually took over from the 1850's.

Eel was popular because it came out of the Thames that was by then highly polluted with little in the way of fish surviving, but the eel did!  Like oysters, they were readily available and cheap.  The Victorian poor though generally, in and outside London, relied heavily on bread and potatoes, with cheese when they could afford it.  It was not until the late 1800's that due to the food 'necessities' becoming about 30% cheaper, that the poor started to have a better and wider diet, with meat included.  But, if you had no money, no job, and in those days no welfare state to help you, you would go days without any food apart from that scrounged or stolen.. Hard times indeed!

You have just described my current situation!  Can you spare me some change, Miss?:(

Ron.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 July 2018, 15:42:46 »

Here's some change for you...

Get out and work... :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 July 2018, 15:44:15 »

I used to like you!

Ron.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 July 2018, 16:05:06 »

:P
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.