Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Both wipers very slow

(1/12) > >>

atann:
Even on high speed, they are terribly slow. Let alone, trying to use screen wash. Any ideas?

worzelof10acrefield:
Maybe the first thing i would do is lubricate the arms.  when i did my heat exchanger valve i was very surprised to find how dry they were.
good place to start before thinking of the motor which in the past i have lubricated many and found they worked much better as the manufacturer does not want them to last so do not offer much lubrication from new.
Hope this helps..

atann:

--- Quote from: worzelof10acrefield on 20 July 2018, 20:35:15 ---Maybe the first thing i would do is lubricate the arms.  when i did my heat exchanger valve i was very surprised to find how dry they were.
good place to start before thinking of the motor which in the past i have lubricated many and found they worked much better as the manufacturer does not want them to last so do not offer much lubrication from new.
Hope this helps..

--- End quote ---

What should I use to lubricate the arms? Regarding the motors, I assume you would have to remove the wiper mechanism from the car to lubricate the motors?

worzelof10acrefield:
hi. you have ball joints on the end of the arms that see nothing but rubbish from the road. good greasing with spray grease is good. th motor will need a strip down though.
you need to remove the wiper arms and then the plastic panel underneath. 2-3 torques bit screws. place on n/s due to washer pipe.
4 x 8 mm bolts and an electrical connection(easily removed) and it will need a bit of tenderness towards the o/s to pull off the pin(you will see it at the back of the motor on a rubber) and then will come free.. easier than it sounds. then strip and lubricate.
Very easy to do. sounds harder than it is. I did mine when i changed the heater control valve. did the valve and the wiper system in under 3 hours....

atann:

--- Quote from: worzelof10acrefield on 20 July 2018, 22:31:27 ---hi. you have ball joints on the end of the arms that see nothing but rubbish from the road. good greasing with spray grease is good. th motor will need a strip down though.
you need to remove the wiper arms and then the plastic panel underneath. 2-3 torques bit screws. place on n/s due to washer pipe.
4 x 8 mm bolts and an electrical connection(easily removed) and it will need a bit of tenderness towards the o/s to pull off the pin(you will see it at the back of the motor on a rubber) and then will come free.. easier than it sounds. then strip and lubricate.
Very easy to do. sounds harder than it is. I did mine when i changed the heater control valve. did the valve and the wiper system in under 3 hours....

--- End quote ---

Passenger motor had failed, got a used one of eBay for MOT, back in February. It has always been slower & noisier than the original drivers motor. That probably did need the motor lubricated before it was fitted. Don’t understand why the drivers motor has slowed too the speed of the passenger one?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version