Chat Area > General Car Chat

2.5 V6 plastic cam cover

(1/4) > >>

Pmacca2000:
Has anyone on here had past experience of cam covers warping on the 2.5 V6?

danzigfan:
Yes....used one are risky to buy. They're all warped esp. the side with oil filler hole. Mine is having a really small leak on that side. Still have 2 spair pairs in garage but they are all slightly warped. I'm searching for vectra's alu cam covers but IF they appear the price is just over the top. I decided to live with that small leak which is BTW much smaller than it was when I bought the car. It was like it ran on steam not gasoline

BazaJT:
Not had a 2.5 so no,however they were warped on my 3L when I bought it,they were "bowed" on the outer edges.Bought a good used pair from a member on  here.I know the correct torque setting for the bolts is important but I do wonder if age and constant heating/cooling cycles don't have a hand in it too.

GastronomicKleptomaniac:
Not uncommon, it only takes one pillock to overtighten a few bolts.

Ali covers are an alternative, but could lead to failure of something more major, like a rear crank seal...!

Bigron:

--- Quote from: GastronomicKleptomaniac on 21 July 2018, 18:49:35 ---Not uncommon, it only takes one pillock to overtighten a few bolts.

Ali covers are an alternative, but could lead to failure of something more major, like a rear crank seal...!

--- End quote ---

Why?

Ron.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version