Chat Area > General Discussion Area

Windfall

(1/4) > >>

STEMO:
I worked for Vauxhall motors in Ellesmere Port for about 8 months in the early seventies. During this time, I paid into a company pension. Today I received a letter informing me that this pension would now pay out.
I can take a lump sum of £38.80, the first 25% being tax free, but the remaining 75% being subject to income tax, which the pension company, Abbey Life, will deduct.
Or...I can take an annual pension of £1.94. This may be subject to income tax, depending on my personal circumstances.
They advise me to contact an independent financial advisor before making a decision.

What would you do?  ;D

Lizzie Zoom:

--- Quote from: STEMO on 23 July 2018, 15:52:52 ---I worked for Vauxhall motors in Ellesmere Port for about 8 months in the early seventies. During this time, I paid into a company pension. Today I received a letter informing me that this pension would now pay out.
I can take a lump sum of £38.80, the first 25% being tax free, but the remaining 75% being subject to income tax, which the pension company, Abbey Life, will deduct.
Or...I can take an annual pension of £1.94. This may be subject to income tax, depending on my personal circumstances.
They advise me to contact an independent financial advisor before making a decision.

What would you do?  ;D

--- End quote ---

Surprise, surprise........take the £38.80 and run!! ;D ;D ;D

STEMO:

--- Quote from: Lizzie Zoom on 23 July 2018, 16:00:11 ---
--- Quote from: STEMO on 23 July 2018, 15:52:52 ---I worked for Vauxhall motors in Ellesmere Port for about 8 months in the early seventies. During this time, I paid into a company pension. Today I received a letter informing me that this pension would now pay out.

What would you do?  ;D

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
About £33 after tax...I could put half a tank of diesel in with that.  :)

Lizzie Zoom:

--- Quote from: STEMO on 23 July 2018, 16:03:44 ---
--- Quote from: Lizzie Zoom on 23 July 2018, 16:00:11 ---

What would you do?  ;D

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
About £33 after tax...I could put half a tank of diesel in with that.  :)

--- End quote ---

;D ;D

biggriffin:
Transfer the lot into your other provider.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version