Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Niki Lauda.  (Read 4382 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Niki Lauda.
« Reply #15 on: 04 August 2018, 13:20:17 »

I wouldn't be so sure. He,s still a kid. He has plenty of time to grow up. If someone is naturally fast, they can be moulded into something great. If they have everything but raw speed, they are a lost cause, that cant really be taught.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04 August 2018, 21:01:16 »

I wouldn't be so sure. He,s still a kid. He has plenty of time to grow up. If someone is naturally fast, they can be moulded into something great. If they have everything but raw speed, they are a lost cause, that cant really be taught.

Yep, you can't make a slow rider / driver fast, but to be a world champion you also need consistency, win it or bin it will win races but rarely anything more. Where he is young we will see over the next few years see if he can mature into a consistent high points scorer and winner. It is encouraging after his inconsistent start to the season that he seems to have taken on board that he needs to make fewer mistakes and is doing so.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 August 2018, 11:07:31 »

The problem with F1 is you only have maybe 4 teams that ever are going to fight for the constructors title and to win that they need regular podium finishes or the sponsors or engine manufactures get upset  :(
If Verstappen is either stacking his car in the tyre barrier or taking somebody off every 3 or 4 races, the sponsors will make sure he is pushed out  :(

The middle order teams may give him time and number 1 status which will massage his ego but all he will ever see is the occasional podium.
And with the lower team, you pay them for the privilege of driving through sponsorship / bank of daddy  :)

As talented as he is, I think the next season and a half will either make or break his career in F1  :-\

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 August 2018, 23:13:28 »

It seems that those of us who reckon Max isa great talent are in the minority. Planetf1 website has a vote currently 87 % for Daniel as number one driver and only 13% would prefer Max as their number one driver.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 August 2018, 06:37:53 »

I kind of agree with both. Max has a great deal of raw talent ,which needs to develop. Riciardo is already the complete package, although suffers a lot of bad luck not of his own making.
If I were an F1 team boss, and had to choose one of them I would choose Riciardo - at the moment.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 August 2018, 09:24:47 »

Daniel is by far the better driver,max is similar to that pratt grojean?,(spelling)capable of bursts of tremendous speed,but cannot string it together for an entire race distance all the time

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 August 2018, 09:45:52 »

;D ;D

Time will tell. let us have a review in ten years time
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #22 on: 12 August 2018, 11:01:12 »

;D ;D

A review on OOF in ten years? Optimistic.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12 August 2018, 12:32:28 »

I kind of agree with both. Max has a great deal of raw talent ,which needs to develop. Riciardo is already the complete package, although suffers a lot of bad luck not of his own making.
If I were an F1 team boss, and had to choose one of them I would choose Riciardo - at the moment.

I'm not sure there is such a thing as 'bad luck' in F1.

Even the worst drivers in the worst cars get paid millions, and have access to as much pussy as they can handle.

I would say that the term 'bad luck' is more appropriate for somebody who works on the cheese counter at Tesco for minimum wage, and can't even pull the fat bird with blotchy legs and facial hair who works on the fish counter. :)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 August 2018, 12:42:52 »

;D ;D

A review on OOF in ten years? Optimistic.

Do you know, I thought that when I typed it and hoped no coffin dodger would notice ;D ;D At least you are still alert. Your dosset box of pills must be doing something

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12 August 2018, 17:12:50 »

I'm not sure there is such a thing as 'bad luck' in F1.

Even the worst drivers in the worst cars get paid millions, and have access to as much pussy as they can handle.

I would say that the term 'bad luck' is more appropriate for somebody who works on the cheese counter at Tesco for minimum wage, and can't even pull the fat bird with blotchy legs and facial hair who works on the fish counter. :)

Its all relative of course. His bad luck consists of his car breaking down quite often at the worst possible moment. If he had reliability this year, he would be further up the table, and probably drunk champers from his boot once or twice.
Some people speak of Max as the new Gilles Villeneuve. I don't think there will ever be another Gilles, but there are possibly one or two similarities.
He is fearless, fast, too exuberant at times,and has good instinctive car control, but not imo anywhere near Gilles level.
But then very few ever have. Senna and Hamilton being the closest I have seen.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.