Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Poor Doctor Gollum's mates  (Read 3255 times)

STEMO

Re: Poor Doctor Gollum's mates
« Reply #15 on: 20 August 2018, 17:24:48 »

They waited until you had set off in the taxi to come to the airport just so you could arrive in the midst of the carnage ::)
He took a taxi to board the Titanic? Titanic was at the airport? Wos goin on?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 August 2018, 18:57:03 »

His lordyship was complaining at being the last to find out about the days events... So I suggested that they waited to tell him...  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #17 on: 20 August 2018, 19:18:32 »

His lordyship was complaining at being the last to find out about the days events... So I suggested that they waited to tell him...  ::)
His lordship had highlighted the part about the titanic sinking and made a funny about it .. ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 August 2018, 20:27:15 »

Oh I understand that in a dev environment, to cut time, because devs are notorious for not being able to meet timelines.

But this is a larger IT project, and whomever cut corners by not making a near-critical system's most unreliable component (its internet/cloud connection) non resilient should hopefully be out of a job by now.

Bet they were promoted, as it saved the project money.  :)
The age old saying in our company, "promoted to your level of incompetence".

When I first heard it, I thought it was amusing.  The humour when I realised it was too close to the truth.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20 August 2018, 20:30:00 »

Shit floats ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 20 August 2018, 23:25:43 »

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20 August 2018, 23:43:21 »

The Gatwick Titanic aircraft project is progressing well triplex and quadruplex fly-by-wire flight control systems are so last year. Our lightweight simplex system saves on fibre optic cable weight, flight computer voting systems and redundant actuators. Those with any concerns, there aren't any, we have a proven track record of 100% reliability with our flight display boards that show these networks never fail. ::) :-[ ;D

Such a key system should be at least a dual system with different cable path routing, so Murphy's digger laying new drainage pipes can only take out one set of them at a time. ::) ::) ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20 August 2018, 23:44:46 »

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

aaronjb

« Reply #23 on: 21 August 2018, 07:38:50 »

Oh I understand that in a dev environment, to cut time, because devs are notorious for not being able to meet timelines.

But this is a larger IT project, and whomever cut corners by not making a near-critical system's most unreliable component (its internet/cloud connection) non resilient should hopefully be out of a job by now.

Bet they were promoted, as it saved the project money.  :)

The age old saying in our company, "promoted to your level of incompetence".

When I first heard it, I thought it was amusing.  The humour when I realised it was too close to the truth.

The Peter Principle, circa 1969: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_principle

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21 August 2018, 22:11:42 »

The Gatwick Titanic aircraft project is progressing well triplex and quadruplex fly-by-wire flight control systems are so last year. Our lightweight simplex system saves on fibre optic cable weight, flight computer voting systems and redundant actuators. Those with any concerns, there aren't any, we have a proven track record of 100% reliability with our flight display boards that show these networks never fail. ::) :-[ ;D

Such a key system should be at least a dual system with different cable path routing, so Murphy's digger laying new drainage pipes can only take out one set of them at a time. ::) ::) ::)

Like at a certain telecoms provider where (so the legend has it) they had all sorts of redundant links but a different Murphy decided it would be easier to bury them in the same duct. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 22 August 2018, 17:20:58 »

Like at a certain telecoms provider where (so the legend has it) they had all sorts of redundant links but a different Murphy decided it would be easier to bury them in the same duct. ::)
We had similar at one of our datacentres about 20yrs ago - diversely fed by 3 different fibres, the datacentre manager proudly told me...   ...then I pissed on his bonfire by showing him that 2 went up one road together (admittedly in different ducts) to one exchange (another single point of failure), although the other was a completely separate route.

They soon rerouted one of them :D
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.