Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Cost of rent in the private rented sector.  (Read 17545 times)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
Re: Cost of rent in the private rented sector.
« Reply #15 on: 09 September 2018, 16:46:58 »

Both my "kids" rented till early this year. They only jumped onto housing ladder as I pressurized them like hell, Oh and put hand in my pocket  ::)  BUT, otherwise they seemed to think it was normal and all made sense. They don't call it "generation rent" for nothing.

I have a flat in London my tenant of 3 years pays around £1k pm, businessman in Liverpool St. He's happy. and his rent is my pension. Migv6 daughter should look at Enfield Town, 25 mins L'pool St and half the rent, and even after travel costs . . . I know . .  ;)
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 September 2018, 16:51:12 »

Done a water leakage job at  a "Townhouse" (3 floors) in Enfield yesterday  . . .nothing special , in fact pretty run down  ???

Once inside found it was split into 9  single rooms all induvidually let by the landlord at £200 a WEEK each . . . That  equates £7200 per month  :o :o :o  or  £ 86 Grand a year

Some property owners are making a LOT of money  :o :o :o :o :o

I wonder about the immigration status of the tenants  ::) I'll guess that the house was Edmonton way

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 September 2018, 17:01:05 »

Both my "kids" rented till early this year. They only jumped onto housing ladder as I pressurized them like hell, Oh and put hand in my pocket  ::)  BUT, otherwise they seemed to think it was normal and all made sense. They don't call it "generation rent" for nothing.

I have a flat in London my tenant of 3 years pays around £1k pm, businessman in Liverpool St. He's happy. and his rent is my pension. Migv6 daughter should look at Enfield Town, 25 mins L'pool St and half the rent, and even after travel costs . . . I know . .  ;)
What happens when the next recession hits/he loses his job/you can't find a tenant to replace him for a similar amount?
Onanists always think outside the box.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 September 2018, 17:02:13 »

Daughter pays £2150 for a one bedroom, third floor flat near Liverpool street station. She is trying to save a deposit to buy something similar for around £700,000.
Utter madness, but its supply & demand.

Liverpool St 25 mins no changes. Station 1 minute walk. Trains every 20 mins. Rent half what she's paying. No, I am not trying to sell !  ;D

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/property/enfield/dunstan-mews/en1-1gf/?q=EN1%201GF&results_sort=newest_listings&search_source=home

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 September 2018, 17:04:44 »

What happens when the next recession hits/he loses his job/you can't find a tenant to replace him for a similar amount?

Sell up. Prices would need to drop enormously for me to lose money.

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 September 2018, 17:09:51 »

Done a water leakage job at  a "Townhouse" (3 floors) in Enfield yesterday  . . .nothing special , in fact pretty run down  ???

Once inside found it was split into 9  single rooms all induvidually let by the landlord at £200 a WEEK each . . . That  equates £7200 per month  :o :o :o  or  £ 86 Grand a year

I wonder about the immigration status of the tenants  ::) I'll guess that the house was Edmonton way

Bit of a sluth  you Mr Rog . . :y  Edmonton end of Enners  :y
British made Celestion Alnico Blue = best sounding guitar speaker ever, sadly now made in China

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 September 2018, 17:16:35 »

Assuming you can find a buyer...  ::)

Obviously you have considered all of this or you would never have entertained the idea ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09 September 2018, 17:16:53 »

Bit of a sluth  you Mr Rog . . :y  Edmonton end of Enners  :y

Lived in Enfield for over 40 years . . .

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09 September 2018, 17:21:53 »

Assuming you can find a buyer...  ::)

Obviously you have considered all of this or you would never have entertained the idea ;)

There's always an element of risk, but London is still generally a fairly safe bet, even with Brexit etc. We are thinking of selling in the next year or so anyway. I'm getting old . . .  ???

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09 September 2018, 17:29:18 »

I think South Wales has some of the cheapest rents in the country, especially up in the Valleys.  :y

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/48643433?search_identifier=1ab2cad3be4088569fb2641db5a3c0a6

I know this street (but it's not my house!) and although the area can be a bit 'gritty' it's semi rural with stunning views, on a bus route and close to the shops etc  :)

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #25 on: 09 September 2018, 17:40:14 »

I think South Wales has some of the cheapest rents in the country, especially up in the Valleys.  :y

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/48643433?search_identifier=1ab2cad3be4088569fb2641db5a3c0a6

I know this street (but it's not my house!) and although the area can be a bit 'gritty' it's semi rural with stunning views, on a bus route and close to the shops etc  :)
How is the water bill on that place £44 a month?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09 September 2018, 17:40:40 »

In Barnsley, you can get a very decent house for £150000. If you have a 10% deposit, i.e. £15000, your mortgage repayment at, say, 3%, would be around £640 a month. Much better than renting.

Three main problems with renting.

1......Over a 25 year period rents will 'usually' rise more than interest rates.
2. .....At the end of 25 years you own SFA.
3.......Rent only stops when you drop. Could be 50 years or more and you still own SFA.
4.......Cheaper to buy than to rent.
« Last Edit: 09 September 2018, 17:43:39 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09 September 2018, 17:48:13 »

Daughter pays £2150 for a one bedroom, third floor flat near Liverpool street station. She is trying to save a deposit to buy something similar for around £700,000.
Utter madness, but its supply & demand.

Liverpool St 25 mins no changes. Station 1 minute walk. Trains every 20 mins. Rent half what she's paying. No, I am not trying to sell !  ;D

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/property/enfield/dunstan-mews/en1-1gf/?q=EN1%201GF&results_sort=newest_listings&search_source=home

You don't understand (neither do I), where she lives is classes as Shoreditch, so worth every penny.  ::)
She walks to work, which takes around 1o minutes apparently.
It looks like London house prices have started cooling off, so a year to 18 months might be a good time to take the plunge ?
She was well on the way to having a decent deposit but was out of work for 15 months until recently, so the savings almost disappeared.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #28 on: 09 September 2018, 17:53:09 »

If your daughter was really serious about a deposit, Albs, she would have been slumming it and not paying over two grand a month in rent. I realise, in her position, she couldn't have lived in a dive (friends round and all that) but with her being in banking, surely everyone would have seen the financial sense in it.

STEMO

« Reply #29 on: 09 September 2018, 17:59:25 »

Also, the period she had out of work, should have shown her how easy it is to default and lose your home. No joke when you've put that much dosh into it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 17 queries.