Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Pikeys  (Read 5766 times)

aaronjb

Re: Pikeys
« Reply #15 on: 16 October 2018, 09:43:45 »

Take his license away.
Then shoot him.
Then shoot his family.

Looks like a Hyundai .. Terracan maybe? Jimmy....

The same(ish) stretch was at a standstill this morning (northbound, I was going southbound) after another big shunt. Won't be long until it's made "Smart" to stop these kinds of incidents*

*that's sarcasm, btw.

That's all standard motorway, none of the M40 is going smart. M4 is....

Which I'm pretty sure is why it's quicker for me to detour 20 miles across Silverstone and come down the M40 (unsmart) than it is to drive down the M1 (smart)..

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 October 2018, 09:56:28 »

Blind panic probably :'(

At least he's in the left lane ( to him) and not traveling that fast*.

Obviously any speed against the traffic is too fast, but appears to be a result of utter confusion rather than malice... And just goes to show that even normal people freeze up when they find themselves in a situation that they can't quite believe.

The front seat passenger must have been going bananas...

Fortunately nobody was killed.

Foreign Scooby Forrester... Dutch, Swiss or Belgian from size of the front plate :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 October 2018, 10:34:55 »

Anyone been charged?

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 October 2018, 11:10:54 »

Very quiet on this one, I wonder if it did involve the travelling community ? hence the quietness as we wouldn't want to disparage a minority group
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 October 2018, 12:28:47 »

I think it was one of those foreign types, coming over here and using our roads.  ;)

Sadly 3 people have died as a result of this. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-45878215

RIP.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 October 2018, 12:37:47 »

I think it was one of those foreign types, coming over here and using our roads.  ;)

Sadly 3 people have died as a result of this. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-45878215

RIP.

..............and the report states "The driver and passenger [of the errant car and caravan], both in their 80s, and the driver of the Ford Mondeo who was in his 30s, died in the accident."

So it looks like some silly old sod became confused??  I will now stop complaining about the 3 year licence review I get as a diabetic, with a medical this year to test my "fitness to drive"!!  But there again everyone over 70 gets a licence review now every three years anyway, so it just proves that does not guarantee everyone's fitness to drive.

Sad about the three deaths :'( :'(

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 16 October 2018, 12:49:23 »

RIP.

..............and the report states "The driver and passenger [of the errant car and caravan], both in their 80s, and the driver of the Ford Mondeo who was in his 30s, died in the accident."

So it looks like some silly old sod became confused??  I will now stop complaining about the 3 year licence review I get as a diabetic, with a medical this year to test my "fitness to drive"!!  But there again everyone over 70 gets a licence review now every three years anyway, so it just proves that does not guarantee everyone's fitness to drive.

One of them, anyway.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 October 2018, 14:00:42 »

RIP.

Wouldn't have covered them any way as not uk citizens  ::)

Bit slow reporting the fatalities though, when I typed my post this morning there was no mention... :'(

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16 October 2018, 14:45:29 »

RIP.

Wouldn't have covered them any way as not uk citizens ::)

Bit slow reporting the fatalities though, when I typed my post this morning there was no mention... :'(

Maybe, but just because they MAY be non-residents of the UK does not mean they are not subject to medical assessment in their mother country in line with EU policy.

https://ec.europa.eu/transport/road_safety/topics/behaviour/fitness_to_drive_en

;)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 16 October 2018, 15:54:16 »

But there again everyone over 70 gets a licence review now every three years anyway, so it just proves that does not guarantee everyone's fitness to drive.

But it's not enforced. Both my mum (89) and dad (86) still have their driving licenses, and neither have ever been assessed. It seems you just apply to renew your license, and 99.99% of the time DVLA just re-issue it. None of my elderly relatives (and I've got about 20) have ever been asked to do anything to retain their licenses past 70. So providing your doctor doesn't stick his/her oar in, and you don't have too many prangs.....

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 16 October 2018, 17:57:05 »

I don't think my Mum, 82, has ever done more than reapply (bar the courses and fines etc for being a naughty girl).

But then, my dear old mum is a better driver than most I encounter on the road.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16 October 2018, 17:59:24 »

Sat nav error, can't trust them.😂
You jest, but the stupid handheld ones can easily get the wrong direction after stopping for any reason, eg traffic, and won't correct until its convinced of direction of movement.  During this time, it can give duff instructions.  They should be banned.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16 October 2018, 18:39:04 »

You jest, but the stupid handheld ones can easily get the wrong direction after stopping for any reason, eg traffic, and won't correct until its convinced of direction of movement.  During this time, it can give duff instructions.  They should be banned.
Because we all know just how good built in ones are ;D

STEMO

« Reply #28 on: 16 October 2018, 18:40:25 »

He's only been back five minutes and he's scrapped our railways and sat navs already.  ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 16 October 2018, 18:48:52 »

They're great when you accidentally drive through a wormhole and end up back in 1978, because the maps are then perfectly up to date. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.