Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

drive belt update

(1/1)

raywilb:
 today I removed the belt tensioner ready to put a new one tomorrow, but this is what I found the belt had somehow peeled a layer off its exterior & has its been rotating managed to wrap itself round the back of the pulley & jamming it. the tensioner is ok. so the fault lay with the drive belt. I have never known a belt to do what that did, peel off just like pulling cotton off a reel.

raywilb:

--- Quote from: raywilb on 15 October 2018, 18:52:09 --- today I removed the belt tensioner ready to put a new one tomorrow, but this is what I found the belt had somehow peeled a layer off its exterior & has its been rotating managed to wrap itself round the back of the pulley & jamming it. the tensioner is ok. so the fault lay with the drive belt. I have never known a belt to do what that did, peel off just like pulling cotton off a reel.

--- End quote ---
was about to put the drive belt on but discovered the crankshaft pulley is kaput . I guess that it was the cause of the belt failure.

Doctor Gollum:

--- Quote from: raywilb on 16 October 2018, 15:12:25 ---
--- Quote from: raywilb on 15 October 2018, 18:52:09 --- today I removed the belt tensioner ready to put a new one tomorrow, but this is what I found the belt had somehow peeled a layer off its exterior & has its been rotating managed to wrap itself round the back of the pulley & jamming it. the tensioner is ok. so the fault lay with the drive belt. I have never known a belt to do what that did, peel off just like pulling cotton off a reel.

--- End quote ---
was about to put the drive belt on but discovered the crankshaft pulley is kaput . I guess that it was the cause of the belt failure.

--- End quote ---
Those dtis have form for that...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version