Chat Area > General Discussion Area

Someone doesn't know their times tables !!

(1/6) > >>

2boxerdogs:
Before we went to Spain last week we had a chap who was recommended & whose work I have seen give our drive the once over as we want it blockpaved, after pacing it all out he said 70sq metres so far so good I thought price per sq metre £55.00 Inc vat, to my reckoning that is £3850 anyhow written quotation arrived today £5522 ! WTF..

Doctor Gollum:
The paving is probably £55psm, rest will be labour and materials  ;)

amba:
Had a similar experience here as we are in need of our driveway repairing/replacing as the current concrete is badly cracking and breaking up in parts,but has been down for 35 years .

Size is 8.0mtrs wide X 7.mtrs wide..no with my maths that is 56m2 so allowing for wastage/etc we need no more than 60m2.

Had 2 quotes ,1 for concrete which stated 75m2 and was £3700 and another for block paving at 65m2 at £6200 both inc VAT.

Not only are both quotes obscene but are also inflated by material which also assumes the labour is based on the material so am paying for work and material not needed. >:(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:
Don't get me started on builders. There are one or two good ones out there but the vast majority are cowboys.

Question.....How do people become builders?

Answer......Piss about at school and leave without qualifications. Then simply buy a flatbed truck and suddenly you are a builder. :-\

amba:
That's very true...most don't even have the cap now ...just a long suck through their teethless chops whilst smoking an electric puff pipe >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version