Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Silly old duffer  (Read 12988 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Silly old duffer
« Reply #45 on: 18 January 2019, 17:12:01 »

Range Rovers certainly feel like you only have to go round a corner at above walking pace to put them on their side. Are we sure there was a second vehicle involved? ;D
Having driven a few Range Rovers (did I mention, I really fancy one), I can confirm the powerful ones exhibit chronic understeer when driven properly, rather than dangerous body roll :D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 18 January 2019, 17:14:55 »

Yo reduce accidents, anybody not driving at the speed limit on a clear day should be culled.

If its one of those stupid 50mph limits, then everyone must drive at 60mph, because they are stupid, and dangerous.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 18 January 2019, 17:15:40 »

Range Rovers certainly feel like you only have to go round a corner at above walking pace to put them on their side. Are we sure there was a second vehicle involved? ;D
Having driven a few Range Rovers (did I mention, I really fancy one), I can confirm the powerful ones exhibit chronic understeer when driven properly, rather than dangerous body roll :D

Yes indeed. Back in the 1970's my police friend lost two of his colleagues in Hampshire when their's over turned :'(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 18 January 2019, 17:19:39 »

Yes indeed. Back in the 1970's my police friend lost two of his colleagues in Hampshire when their's over turned :'(
So a RR classic then.  The suspension mounting probably rusted away.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #49 on: 18 January 2019, 17:21:55 »

Yo reduce accidents, anybody not driving at the speed limit on a clear day should be culled.

If its one of those stupid 50mph limits, then everyone must drive at 60mph, because they are stupid, and dangerous.
I had a feeling that I might get your backing  ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 18 January 2019, 17:57:40 »

That is why the most common police tactical pursuit large vehicle is the BMW X5, with the BMW 530d also in those traffic divisions. The former is fast and very stable , unlike the RR.

I assume that the Royal Family have to stick to the "British" Range Rover, but no doubt, the way things are going they will have to opt for their natural German choice of BMW X5's as well  ;D ;)
« Last Edit: 18 January 2019, 18:01:06 by Lizzie Zoom »

STEMO

« Reply #51 on: 18 January 2019, 18:15:40 »

That is why the most common police tactical pursuit large vehicle is the BMW X5, with the BMW 530d also in those traffic divisions. The former is fast and very stable , unlike the RR.

I assume that the Royal Family have to stick to the "British" Range Rover, but no doubt, the way things are going they will have to opt for their natural German choice of BMW X5's as well  ;D ;)
If being followed by an X5, one merely has to find some speed bumps or narrow street, or even a narrow street with speed bumps. They don't like it, you know.  ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 18 January 2019, 18:18:13 »

If being followed by an X5, one merely has to find some speed bumps or narrow street, or even a narrow street with speed bumps. They don't like it, you know.  ::)

Now how do you know that STEMO?  :o :o :o ;D ;D ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 18 January 2019, 18:31:56 »

LZ - you clearly haven't tried driving an X5 quickly.  Bro's 4.8 V8 petrol effort is reasonably rapid in a straight line (on the rare occasions the gearbox provides drive), but is definitely no better around corners than a similar age RR (ie, L322).

I would suspect the police choose on costs for a given vehicle type.  In fact, I know for a fact that TVP do...  ...much to annoyance of a contact I have there.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 18 January 2019, 18:45:30 »

If you are going to "ban" a group of drivers who cause most accidents ... which group should it be .....  ?

In November 2018, there were 5.3 million over-70s with full driving licences in Britain, according to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency.

There were 11,245 people involved in road traffic accidents where the driver was in that age group - a rate of two per 1,000 licence holders.

For Britain's 2.8 million drivers aged 17 to 24, the rate was more than four times as high, at nine per 1,000.

The DVLA did not provide figures on whether this simply reflected that the older age group were on the road less than the younger age group. However, a separate study from the National Travel Survey suggests that over-70 drive an average of 1,000 miles a year more than under-20s.[/i]

probably not the elderly ???  :)  :)

With an aging population the over 70's group will probably double in the next decade, so taking 10 million drivers off the road at the stroke of a pen would make our roads much safer, cut emissions and congestion, giving the youngster more room to tear about safely!  :y

It's a bit rough on Uncle STEMO and Lord Opti though, but they'd soon get used to getting the bus.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 18 January 2019, 19:05:13 »

If you are going to "ban" a group of drivers who cause most accidents ... which group should it be .....  ?

In November 2018, there were 5.3 million over-70s with full driving licences in Britain, according to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency.

There were 11,245 people involved in road traffic accidents where the driver was in that age group - a rate of two per 1,000 licence holders.

For Britain's 2.8 million drivers aged 17 to 24, the rate was more than four times as high, at nine per 1,000.

The DVLA did not provide figures on whether this simply reflected that the older age group were on the road less than the younger age group. However, a separate study from the National Travel Survey suggests that over-70 drive an average of 1,000 miles a year more than under-20s.[/i]

With an aging population the over 70's group will probably double in the next decade, so taking 10 million drivers off the road at the stroke of a pen would make our roads much safer, cut emissions and congestion, giving the youngster more room to tear about safely!  :y

It's a bit rough on Uncle STEMO and Lord Opti though, but they'd soon get used to getting the bus.  :)
Uncle STEMO wont be able to transport all the stolen goods by bus  :-\
Lord Opti would probably be better to hire a coach ,for all his bitches "lady friends" :-\

busses smash wing mirrors off and it takes several phone calls and emails before they agree to settle  >:(

can't we just send the old people to the Bognor regis concentration camps like we used to  :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 18 January 2019, 19:11:49 »

Lord Opti would probably be better to hire a coach ,for all his bitches "lady friends" :-\

busses smash wing mirrors off and it takes several phone calls and emails before they agree to settle  >:(

can't we just send the old people to the Bognor regis concentration camps like we used to  :-\

Butlitz. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 18 January 2019, 19:16:54 »

With the reliability of the German geriatric derv drinker in question you'll be mixing with the great unwashed  on the buses before I do. :)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 18 January 2019, 19:26:03 »

Butlitz. :)
:D ;D
If that BREXIT thing don't happen , we could sell "Butlitz" to the German's to run it , German efficiency would be key to controlling the elderly overpopulation  :P

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 18 January 2019, 19:29:34 »

.....  As Entwood correctly points out, nothing has been proved yet about this collision ....

See post #3  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.