Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Offered some money to scrap my Mig  (Read 3172 times)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
Offered some money to scrap my Mig
« on: 28 May 2009, 22:52:42 »

A colleague at work is buying a New Mini and wanted to use my car to get the 2k discount and then go 50:50 therefore giving me £1000. for my Mig.

Sounded good, but my Mig is far too good to scrap, anyway we may have other plans for it at the moment.

And before everyone jumps in and says you can't do that, the plan was for me to buy the new car in my name and then transfer it over to them once the paperwork has come through. :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Offered some money to scrap my Mig
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2009, 22:56:45 »

A colleague at work is buying a New Mini and wanted to use my car to get the 2k discount and then go 50:50 therefore giving me £1000. for my Mig.

Sounded good, but my Mig is far too good to scrap, anyway we may have other plans for it at the moment. ........

The cheeky barsteward  :-?  ..... I hope you kicked him in the shins!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2009, 22:59:24 »

Sounded good, but my Mig is far too good to scrap, anyway we may have other plans for it at the moment. ........

The cheeky barsteward  :-?  ..... I hope you kicked him in the shins!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

is a very nice her..... :D :D :D :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2009, 23:00:21 »

Should've still kicked her in the shins!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D ;)

crazyjoetavola

« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2009, 23:22:40 »

Sounded good, but my Mig is far too good to scrap, anyway we may have other plans for it at the moment.

And before everyone jumps in and says you can't do that, the plan was for me to buy the new car in my name and then transfer it over to them once the paperwork has come through. :y

The terms 'walk' and 'away' would apply in this case Vamps :y

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2009, 23:24:25 »

Sounds like she likes you Vamps  ;D ;D ;D
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 May 2009, 08:09:24 »

Of course it was a her (or a he-she), as no straight guy would ever buy a crappy mini...
Grumpy old man

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 May 2009, 12:07:02 »

I thought you had to own the car for a year before you could use it for the £2000 trade in?
Retired

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 May 2009, 19:00:05 »

I thought you had to own the car for a year before you could use it for the £2000 trade in?

You do, hence .......
And before everyone jumps in and says you can't do that, the plan was for me to buy the new car in my name and then transfer it over to them once the paperwork has come through  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 May 2009, 23:33:03 »

You do, hence .......
And before everyone jumps in and says you can't do that, the plan was for me to buy the new car in my name and then transfer it over to them once the paperwork has come through  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

:D :D :D

Not doing a deal anyway. Talking to her this morning and she says Mini garage will not give her a discount,  for no px. Don't think they are trying hard enough. Local papers offering huge deals at the moment on new and second hand, mind adverts can be misleading.  Suggested she bought something a few months old as will be a good saving, thing is she is panicking cos she needs something sorted very quickly, so not got the time to look around too much. :)

jemis

• Teesside
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 May 2009, 14:40:16 »

I would tell her to try another dealer, they should be bending over backwards for a deal.

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 June 2009, 20:43:40 »

I would tell her to try another dealer, they should be bending over backwards for a deal.

That's what I said to her today, she is still looking at the moment.... :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 18 queries.