Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3016400 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #15390 on: 05 December 2017, 11:50:56 »

Headlight and its trim refitted this morning. All ready to take swmbo out this afternoon to begin the Christmas shopping ritual  :'( :(
My arthritis may well start to give me a lot of trouble quite early in proceedings today. If this happens, I will unfortunately have to go and sit in the carpub and listen to the radiodrink.  ::)

FTFY. Normally works for me. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15391 on: 05 December 2017, 12:38:33 »

Cant do that as I have to drive home, but that will come later tonight.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #15392 on: 05 December 2017, 12:45:19 »

Washed & waxed the Merc , looking good.😀

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15393 on: 08 December 2017, 18:21:26 »

Took the 3.2 for mot and it passed.  :D  :y

In fact, it's proved itself to be a self healing car yet again, as the advisories that I got last year have now gone and have been replaced with a couple of new minor faults.  ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15394 on: 09 December 2017, 10:44:21 »

Had to put some oil in it, as the check oil level came on.

Whoops  :)
Hoof'land storeman.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #15395 on: 09 December 2017, 13:36:30 »

Parked it up, smart charger connected from underneath via garage door (locked) so as to be "nearly" invisible and impervious to weather, plastic sheet inserted under skuttle to prevent any rain/condensation dripping onto ignition packs, "krooklok" fitted as visual deterrent, tyrepal and satnav displays removed along with everything else that might cause temptation, coolant antifreeze concentration checked due to forecast weather, couple of blocks under front wheels, handbrake left in released position .....

... think I've forgotten anything ??

She'll not be moving/starting doing anything from now until the beginning of February (7 weeks) when we return from Singapore/Australia/ New Zealand/Hong Kong ...   :)

Should be nice and warm while you lot freeze ....  :)  :)
« Last Edit: 09 December 2017, 13:50:57 by Entwood »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15396 on: 09 December 2017, 15:21:53 »

I'm not jealous. Not jealous at all.  :P
In fact its supposed to be freezing in winter. Its only natural.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #15397 on: 09 December 2017, 17:38:38 »

Parked it up, smart charger connected from underneath via garage door (locked) so as to be "nearly" invisible and impervious to weather, plastic sheet inserted under skuttle to prevent any rain/condensation dripping onto ignition packs, "krooklok" fitted as visual deterrent, tyrepal and satnav displays removed along with everything else that might cause temptation, coolant antifreeze concentration checked due to forecast weather, couple of blocks under front wheels, handbrake left in released position .....

She'll not be moving/starting doing anything from now until the beginning of February (7 weeks) when we return from Singapore/Australia/ New Zealand/Hong Kong ...   :)

I'm impressed!  :) 

When I went away for a couple of months last winter I just parked the BMW, locked it and walked away, 2 months later came back and she started first time!  :y

The Omega had a slight drain, so I disconnected the battery and again once reconnected 2 months later she started first time as well!  :y

To be honest I would disconnect the battery rather than leave a charger running unattended for that amount of time.  ;)

Have a fab time Mr Entwood!!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15398 on: 09 December 2017, 18:30:47 »

So will your bonnet if the charger clips touch it.  ;D

Hope you have a great time Nige.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #15399 on: 09 December 2017, 18:31:10 »

I'm impressed!  :) 

When I went away for a couple of months last winter I just parked the BMW, locked it and walked away, 2 months later came back and she started first time!  :y

The Omega had a slight drain, so I disconnected the battery and again once reconnected 2 months later she started first time as well!  :y

To be honest I would disconnect the battery rather than leave a charger running unattended for that amount of time.  ;)

Have a fab time Mr Entwood!!  :y

My concern with doing that is the powersounder running down, leaking when discharged and catching fire when power is restored later ... I know .. answer is to remove the powersounder ... but the smartcharger (CTEK) maintains insurance criteria and is the easier option .. and you know how lazy I am ..  :)

Hopefully the laptop will allow the odd progress report of our, warm and sunny, Christmas and New Year ... :)  fabtime is practically guaranteed .. :) even getting a "tin tent" tick as we have a campervan on hire for 10 days touring the North Island of New Zealand, then 2 weeks on the South Island where our son lives .. :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #15400 on: 09 December 2017, 19:11:58 »

Put some screen wash in both the cars on the drive, mainly because I noticed the Shag wasn't washing the headlights yesterday, though pump running.

I think there is a design flaw or fault there somewhere, as the system switches off headlight washers when fluid is low...  ...yet it fails to suck screenwash onto headlights just before the low washer fluid warning comes on.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15401 on: 09 December 2017, 20:20:03 »

Almost changed a head light bulb on the 190 as I was missing o/s main beam. Then I remembered to carry out the electrical check which should always be carried out before any electrical work on it. I gave the relevant bullet fuse a wiggle and main beam was restored.  :D

STEMO

« Reply #15402 on: 09 December 2017, 22:03:25 »

Put some screen wash in both the cars on the drive, mainly because I noticed the Shag wasn't washing the headlights yesterday, though pump running.

I think there is a design flaw or fault there somewhere, as the system switches off headlight washers when fluid is low...  ...yet it fails to suck screenwash onto headlights just before the low washer fluid warning comes on.
The screen wash on my astra goes kinda aerosol like, then stops altogether, then the warning light comes on.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #15403 on: 10 December 2017, 12:10:33 »

Almost changed a head light bulb on the 190 as I was missing o/s main beam. Then I remembered to carry out the electrical check which should always be carried out before any electrical work on it. I gave the relevant bullet fuse a wiggle and main beam was restored.  :D
Quality electrics ;D. But made for an easy temp fix :y.  Obviously, when you're not having a moment of CBA, there will be a permanent solution ;)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #15404 on: 10 December 2017, 12:12:51 »

The screen wash on my astra goes kinda aerosol like, then stops altogether, then the warning light comes on.
Daft, isn't it.

I'm wondering if in my case its that cheap nasty triple qx screenwash that creates more foam than Radox, causing the sensor to be lifted by the froth that forms in the bottle as soon as the car starts moving.

I need to go back to better (and cheaper) stuff, but as I have gallons of the shit, I feel compelled to use it up ;D
Grumpy old man

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.