Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3017062 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #16845 on: 17 August 2018, 15:37:16 »

Today I swapped my MG ZTT estate for a 2.3 Merc CLK Avantguarde with out paying any money out,well pleasede as its corrosion free and with 200bhp suitably brisk :y :y

Wow  :o

Pictures?  :)

https://ibb.co/neWqtK

Very nice, Henry!

TB will be along in a moment to tell you that they are all rusty parts-bin sh*tboxes that drive like a horse cart.. but pay him no heed ;D ;D
You forgot the bit about them only being suitable for pensioners.  ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16846 on: 17 August 2018, 16:36:06 »

With the trucks at work, DAF shite, when the light comes on you simply have to park up, metres from anything, so that rules out parking bays ::) and press a button...

The truck then revs its bollix off for anything upto an hour and a half ::)

Given that they spend all day doing 20mph, this happens alot ;D

Can't you just take em for a run down M23,,,

We don't get that problem.
Hoof'land storeman.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16847 on: 17 August 2018, 17:14:23 »

If we had the time ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16848 on: 17 August 2018, 18:26:29 »

Took the IAM apart. Hard disk looks buggered, as suspected. Bugger.
Grumpy old man

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #16849 on: 17 August 2018, 18:38:32 »

Today I swapped my MG ZTT estate for a 2.3 Merc CLK Avantguarde with out paying any money out,well pleasede as its corrosion free and with 200bhp suitably brisk :y :y

Wow  :o

Pictures?  :)

https://ibb.co/neWqtK

Very nice, Henry!

TB will be along in a moment to tell you that they are all rusty parts-bin sh*tboxes that drive like a horse cart.. but pay him no heed ;D ;D

Seeing as I paid a hundred quid for the MG and this is a straight swap I've not got a lot to lose ;D
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #16850 on: 17 August 2018, 19:13:45 »

Picked up what I thought was a wheel bearing noise on the way to Warrington yesterday (I must admit I felt it was my chickens coming home to roost after commenting on TB's Jaaaaaggg's penchant for eating them). So I ordered one up from Paul Rigby Volvo in Stourbridge who got it same day  :y

Started stripping the hub down this arvo and discovered that the useless chimps who did the timing belt had re-used the old wheel bearing stretch bolt which had now worked its way loose  >:(.

Retightened it as a temporary measure and scooted back to Paul Rigby. Explained my predicament, the parts guy did the refund and then got on the phone to order me just the bolt, couldn't get volvo UK as it was 1701 on a friday. "Never mind" he said, "you can take this one out of the wheel bearing kit, I'll order a new one before we send the kit back". Opened the box, cut the bag and gave it me. "How much?" I asked "Oh, you can keep that, we don't get many DIY'ers in these days, it was nice to see you".  Result!!  :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16851 on: 17 August 2018, 19:28:42 »

Picked up what I thought was a wheel bearing noise on the way to Warrington yesterday (I must admit I felt it was my chickens coming home to roost after commenting on TB's Jaaaaaggg's penchant for eating them). So I ordered one up from Paul Rigby Volvo in Stourbridge who got it same day  :y

Started stripping the hub down this arvo and discovered that the useless chimps who did the timing belt had re-used the old wheel bearing stretch bolt which had now worked its way loose  >:(.

Retightened it as a temporary measure and scooted back to Paul Rigby. Explained my predicament, the parts guy did the refund and then got on the phone to order me just the bolt, couldn't get volvo UK as it was 1701 on a friday. "Never mind" he said, "you can take this one out of the wheel bearing kit, I'll order a new one before we send the kit back". Opened the box, cut the bag and gave it me. "How much?" I asked "Oh, you can keep that, we don't get many DIY'ers in these days, it was nice to see you".  Result!!  :y

Not having an Ovlov, please explain the connection? :-\ :-\ :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16852 on: 17 August 2018, 19:39:09 »

Not many dealers like that now, so result :)

I keep my friendly Vauxhall parts man on my side for that very reason :y
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16853 on: 17 August 2018, 19:39:47 »

FWD, probably needed suspension bits out of the way for access.
Grumpy old man

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16854 on: 17 August 2018, 20:50:30 »

May be different on a diesel or if the Volvo in question is other than/newer model than my P1 V70 but for the petrol S70/C70/V70 up to year 2000 you only have to remove the roadwheel[in order to move the wheelarch liner]all the other stuff is removed from under the bonnet to change the timing belt.Even the turbo petrols don't need the central wheel bearing bolt to be touched.Although as I understand it these centre bolts have been known to work loose on their own especially if they've not been replaced or tightened properly if this area has been worked on previously.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #16855 on: 17 August 2018, 22:10:56 »

FWD, probably needed suspension bits out of the way for access.

This. You sprag the suspension out to get to the bottom pulley. At least according to the Haynes book of lies and speculation. Hence my assumption. Could be that it's loosened over time. But I suspect it's unlikely.

Either way, Dealer was top drawer though.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16856 on: 18 August 2018, 09:16:54 »

Thks, the only 'major' work I've done on FWD was replacing CV joint and front springs on son's Mondeo.:y :y :y
« Last Edit: 18 August 2018, 09:19:32 by Shackeng »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16857 on: 18 August 2018, 12:18:52 »

On the Jaaaaggg….

Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16858 on: 18 August 2018, 13:04:26 »

Love it. nothing like a bit dismantling therapy... I'm just about to start on the washing machine bearings...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16859 on: 18 August 2018, 13:07:17 »

Love it. nothing like a bit dismantling therapy... I'm just about to start on the washing machine bearings...
Every block I try to read off that drive using forensic software (I lack proper forensic hardware) is just full of zeros.

Either something really funky is going on, or its badly buggered :D
Grumpy old man

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.