Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: F/S 2002 Elite 2.6 Saloon  (Read 3681 times)

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
F/S 2002 Elite 2.6 Saloon
« on: 04 October 2009, 17:27:56 »

BG02 BMV is a Vauxhall Omega 2.6 petrol automatic saloon, Elite specification presented in Moonland grey. It is complimented by full light grey (shale) leather interior. It was first registered on the 20/05/2002.
It has covered 121,000 miles with all old MOT's and service records to support the mileage.
The full cambelt kit was replaced approx 6 months ago, the vehicle has covered very few miles since then. The MOT expires on the 17th of September 2010. The vehicle has no tax, but we can come to an arrangement about this. As can be seen in the photo's, I have trade plates so would be able to deliver the vehicle even with no tax.
Known defects, the cd cartridge is not ejecting and the ashtray is not closing. I can replace the ashtray if need be. It has rain sensing wipers, but these do not work..the wipers work as normal.
It's going on autotrader on Monday at £1995, however it is being offered on here for £1700. No sensible offers refused, feel free to comment here or PM me. If you have a look on autotrader you'll see when listed this will be the cheapest 2.6 Elite saloon available. One with 155,000 miles with no leather and phone is being listed at the same price of £1995

There was minor damage to the front bumper which is being repaired, so a new front number plate will be fitted with the GB Euro sign so it matches the rear.

It had been serviced not too long ago,but on Wednesday the the 7th it's having new oil and filter and a coolant flush and change.

£1175 was spent on the gearbox 14,000 miles ago, it was fully rebuilt with receipt to prove.

Specification:
2.6 V6 engine producing 179 BHP
Automatic
Full light grey (shale) leather interior
All seat are heated, both front and rear.
CCRT 2008- 4 cd autochanger, tape and integrated phone...just insert sim card.
Cruise control
Auto dimming rear mirror
Electric rear sun blind
Traction control
Traffic master
All electric windows, mirros and sunroof
Front seats electrically operated
Memory for drivers seat, exterior and interior mirrors
Dual zone climate control
17'' 5 spoke elite wheels fitted with Dunlop SP Sport tyres with 4-5 mm of tread.
Rear parking sensors
Rear boot spoiler
Usual Elite spec

As per profile located in Kidlington, 4 miles from Oxford city centre. May be able to deliver, depends on the offers I receive.
Any questions please feel free to ask.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: F/S 2002 Elite 2.6 Saloon
« Reply #1 on: 04 October 2009, 17:35:35 »

damn nice example that, even got Telematics  8-)

Mine needs an MOT next week, so if it dramatically fails  ;)  ;D

Good luck  :y
« Last Edit: 04 October 2009, 17:35:51 by tunnie »

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 October 2009, 21:29:33 »

Cheers tunnie  :y
Hoping yours passes, but yeah, if not you know where I am  ;D

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 October 2009, 12:19:06 »

Just had the new oil, filter and coolant flush and change. And it's got the new front number plate. I've just come back from Bath so haven't had time to put it up on autotrader. I'll be doing that later this afternoon, last chance to get it at £1700, otherwise it'll be up at £1995 on autorader  :y

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 November 2009, 10:00:18 »

This is still available, it must be sold as soon as possible, as I need the space and the money from it to buy other vehicles. Make me an offer? If you've made an offer that I've declined get back in touch.
If I can get it sold before tomorrow evening circa 5.30 then I'll reduce the price accordingly  :y

KillerWatt

« Reply #5 on: 04 November 2009, 20:00:11 »

Retail: £1,717
Private Good: £1,237
Private Average: £957
Private Poor: £667
Part Exchange: £1,097
Trade: £984

As the CD player & rain sense don't work, I'll bid you £1100 if it drives in a straight line and the wishbones are good.
« Last Edit: 04 November 2009, 20:00:48 by KillerWatt »

Monza

• Bungay, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 November 2009, 20:08:57 »

I was going to say the same £1150 or £1200 with Ashtray fixed?
Past Drives: 16 Monzas, 1 x VW W8 4motion, 1 lotus Carlton, 1 Carlton GSI, 1 Omega Evolution, 1 Vectra 2.5V6, 2 Omega MV6s, 4 Cavaliers plus 131 others over the years!!

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 November 2009, 20:16:37 »

I appreciate your offer KW, and taking time to read through the description. This owes me £1638, with receipts to prove. I buy cars to sell on, it needed things doing to it when I got it, nothing major...but things soon add up. It must go, I will take a loss on it. But I'm afraid I can't take a £538 loss. The golden rule is to never reveal how much  you paid or how much it owes you...but I just can't keep it any longer. If you look on autotrader, there is a 2.6 Elite saloon with 155k no leather and phone now reduced to £1795. I appreciate mine does not rate on the book value, but the real world value on autotrader for like vehicles it is cheaper then one with less equiptment and 33k miles more. But by no means am I trying to make out your offer is silly, that's not how you sell cars or do business. And it does drive in a straight line, with good wishbones.

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 November 2009, 20:24:46 »

If it can be collected tomorrow and paid for before 5.30 pm, I will take £1438. That's a loss off £200. I simply cannot wait for people to ring and come and have a look from autotrader. If it doesn't go tomorrow I'll re advertise on autotrader and see what happens, as if it's not gone before 5.30 I will miss out on an opportunity and then it's not so crucial of how long it takes to be sold.

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 November 2009, 22:13:28 »

I think it would be worth more like the asking price if the CD player didnt need attention.....

Ashtray is a £10 part, and a doddle to fix, CD player more expensive/important to a potential buyer.....

Good luck with the sale, i am sure it will go, looks a nice motor

:y
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 November 2009, 22:21:20 »

Thanks webby23, I agree...I ought to get the CD player fixed. The magazine is accepted into the recess and is read, but when ejected it doesn't come all the way out and it can't be removed to insert CD's. TheBoy said the unit would need to be most likely stripped down so it can be fixed. I don't know how much that would cost? So I thought mention the fault and sell it like it is. But if I want it to be sold maybe I should just accept it and get it fixed.

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 November 2009, 22:24:59 »

Thanks webby23, I agree...I ought to get the CD player fixed. The magazine is accepted into the recess and is read, but when ejected it doesn't come all the way out and it can't be removed to insert CD's. TheBoy said the unit would need to be most likely stripped down so it can be fixed. I don't know how much that would cost? So I thought mention the fault and sell it like it is. But if I want it to be sold maybe I should just accept it and get it fixed.

Fair play to you mate for being up front about it, no idea on cost but sub £100 i would guess.....

The way I see it is that if I went to look at 2 similar Migs, one of which had a cd player that didnt work properly I would obviously lean towards to other one with the working cd player....

At the end of the day, its still an 02 Elite and looks in great condition so i am sure it will go at around the price you are asking anyway.....

:y
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04 November 2009, 22:36:35 »

Well, you can't lie when it comes to selling cars. You've got to treat others as you'd want to be treated. I would not be very happy if I went to see a car and the faults were not disclosed beforehand.
I see you're point...I agree that a non working CD player can be off putting. I'll pm TheBoy sometime to ask him what he thinks.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04 November 2009, 22:43:34 »

Josh, drop a PM to DaveDND, he fixes these, he can give you a price.

Its in great condition, sadly the market does not want big V6 saloons. Its the wrong time for me, i need to flog what life is left out of my 2.2  ;D

Rent-a-Carb

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 November 2009, 10:40:34 »

Would you ring me please, I have mailed and PM'd you  :)  re; possible purchase today.

Many thanks.

Chris
« Last Edit: 05 November 2009, 12:15:40 by Rent-a-Carb »
www.rent-a-carb.co.uk

Weekends are for racing !

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 05 November 2009, 12:02:16 »

Chris, I'd drop him a PM and remove your number from the public forum if I were you... He's more likely to respond quickly with a PM too :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Rent-a-Carb

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 November 2009, 12:20:23 »

Many thanks...bit new at this  ;)
www.rent-a-carb.co.uk

Weekends are for racing !
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 19 queries.