Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I THINK I'VE BEEN BARRED...  (Read 2123 times)

STMO123

I THINK I'VE BEEN BARRED...
« on: 19 July 2006, 13:18:18 »

......from my local garage. Since joining Vxon and later OO, I have accumulated a wealth of knowledge, and was only too willing to share this with them. When I took my omega for a cambelt change and other various bits, I couldn't wait to tell them how to do it properly...which oil they should use for the engine..which antifreeze to use etc etc.
Next was the gearbox oil change which Mark DTM was so kind as to help me with. I went in over another matter and told them all about it.
The guy on the front desk was so impressed he offered me a job. I think. "Why dont you f*****n  come and work ere" were his exact words. I had to refuse, of course, I'm very busy.
Today I went down to see about getting my breathers cleaned, the ICV and EGR as well. He was a bit off with me. When I threatened to take my custom elsewhere, he laughed uncontrollably and dribbled a bit. ( I'm getting a bit worried about him)
He then told me me they were fully booked for the next three years and made an obscene gesture. Some people!!!
« Last Edit: 19 July 2006, 13:23:52 by STMO123 »

RossPhim

• Morayshire, Scotland
  • The blue oval now-a-days!?!
    • 2.2 TDCi TXS
    • View Profile
Re: I THINK I'VE BEEN BARRED...
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2006, 13:27:54 »

Knowledge ....... a wonderful thing in the right hands! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2006, 13:32:59 »

hmmmmm

they obviously see you as as threat, go elsewhere - in fact if not an independant complain rigerously, furiously and generally kick up stink to head office

I had my Omega in for a service and like you knoe what i am talking about compared to the general man in the street. I told the guy exactly what i wanted done, what type of oil and also that i wanted certain other things done.

result was everything done as i requested, empty packets left so i could see what was used and old parts ( brakes were done) were left for me to inspect so i could see that they needed replaced and not just cleaned up. A wee bit different from you as i personally know the guy.

Point is he complied and didnt take the hump - he will get the work in future, your garage has lost custom.
« Last Edit: 19 July 2006, 13:37:13 by Markiec »
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Robin Hood

• Intermediate Member
  • Nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2006, 15:33:30 »

Built a kit car 20 years ago and took it for its first MOT.

I was surprised when it didn't pass due to (amongst other things) a brand new suspension part having excess play.

I suggested they have another look and replace it if they were sure it was at fault, which they did.

I wrote to the owner who asked to inspect the old item.  He found nothing wrong with it and asked me what I felt was a fair price for the work done!

Think that the fact that they returned the car with dripping brake lines played on his mind a bit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.